Thread: 08 Magnum Check Engine after writing tune.

08 Magnum Check Engine after writing tune.

So I just wrote a tune for a friend's 08 Magnum 6.1 and afterward, the check engine light is on. Tried clearing codes but it didn't go off. It's saying it lost communication with TCM, etc. Any help is appreciated. I've read where sometimes a particular fuse has to be pulled.

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    Same problem I had when I flashed a 14 challenger. It's normal. It should clear on its own or pull the battery. I've confirmed both methods. Or pull pcm/tcm fuse and leave it out for a while.

Senior Tuner
    That doesn't seem normal. Looks like you might have flashed it without the TCM portion of the tune. Try to verify in the read tune you read the TCM, and then are flashing it correctly (select correctly in the drop down).

Don't forget to turn the ignition off for 15 seconds after every flash.

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    I just reflashed that 14 challenger I had the other thread about 3 times in a row. Read that save new. Then flash. Key off 15 seconds between flashes. Codes come up everytime. But within 5 miles they go away. Everytime. I've asked a guy who works at the dodge dealer locally and he says that they get similar codes everytime they update the pcm is what he told me. So I think it's normal. I only have access to one dodge at the moment. I'll report back if I see it anymore more when I start flashing other vehicles.

I have an 08 300 5.7 liter that has a check engine light now too... I’ve tried unhooking battery, driving it, clear ECM and TCM dtcs snd still there!!

Anyone have any ideas?

Pretty frustrating not able to even see DTCs

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Don't forget to turn the ignition off for 15 seconds after every flash.
    It says 10 seconds after the write. The one time I wrote to the PCM and forgot to cycle the ignition the dash chimed and the MIL light turned on.