Thread: Hemi Swap 8HP70 How to shift it???

Tuner in Training JBMRACING0105's Avatar

Hemi Swap 8HP70 How to shift it???

Anyone know how to shift an 8HP70 for a Hemi swap?

I have the factory shifter hooked up with the ECM and TCM. It is all out of a 2016 Dodge Charger. Using a stand-alone engine harness and had the ECM flashed to remove security. Engine runs fine but the transmission will not shift. The shifter indicator will just blink in any position out of Park.

Any help is appreciated!

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have any wheel speed sensors hooked up?
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Advanced Tuner
    Also, contact Sound German Automotive

http://www.soundgermanautomotive.com/
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

You should only have a PCM hooked up, the TCM is built into the Valvebody. Not sure how you have the ESM(rotary shifter)and a Standalone Harness all hooked up but... Easiest thing to do is use the engine harness with the 8 speed trans. The 8HP70 needs to communicate with the PCM & ESM via the Canbus through the BCM. Usually a red blinking ESM means the shifter isn?t connected to the canbus or it can?t see the trans on the canbus. Then from there Wheel Speed sensors and correct gear ratios are important or you will end up in limp mode. Also if you need to change/delete any option codes in the BCM you can do this with a OBDLink MX+ & AlfaOBD. I have been involved in many different hemi, hellcat & 8 speed swaps and I work at a dealer.
    Last edited by iCanuck; 07-21-2020 at 02:35 AM.
    2007 300C 5.7L - Edelbrock Eforce (7psi), Comp Cam 268H,
    Mopar Ported Heads, 3.06 LSD Swap, 06 Coil Swap
    465hp @ 6200 rpm / 463 ft-lb @ 4700 rpm

Quote Originally Posted by iCanuck View Post
    You should only have a PCM hooked up, the TCM is built into the Valvebody. Not sure how you have the ESM(rotary shifter)and a Standalone Harness all hooked up but... Easiest thing to do is use the engine harness with the 8 speed trans. The 8HP70 needs to communicate with the PCM & ESM via the Canbus through the BCM. Usually a red blinking ESM means the shifter isn?t connected to the canbus or it can?t see the trans on the canbus. Then from there Wheel Speed sensors and correct gear ratios are important or you will end up in limp mode. Also if you need to change/delete any option codes in the BCM you can do this with a OBDLink MX+ & AlfaOBD. I have been involved in many different hemi, hellcat & 8 speed swaps and I work at a dealer.
    I sent you a PM about a BCM issue with a 1320 transmission swap into a 2015.