Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trans temp does not work.... Pontiac G8 / Chevrolet Caprice

Advanced Tuner
    It looks like the latest TrackAddict update has the basics in place for MPVI2 standalone datalogging.

It also looks like it will require the purchase of the Pro feature set for $250?

I would love to test drive the feature before purchasing pro feature set...but I am guessing that isn't possible, so I have a few more questions. The convenience of not having a laptop to lug around is obviously huge, my main concern is still the performance I'd be giving up, on the actual engine tuning side of things. Performance I'm not nearly as concerned for track day / general logging etc.

Can you give a ballpark performance number for the above scenario..... "motorsports" default, on a CAN vehicle? In terms of update datalogging rate in hz? Does the ability to poll different params at different intervals carry over from VCM scanner? (IE log some stuff at 10/s and others at 1/s, or whatever).

Thanks!

Yes, we just pushed TrackAddict v4.6.2 and an update to VCM Scanner Beta to support our MPVI2 Standalone Data Logging firmware testing. Once we get to the public firmware release, we'll have more details and possibly a video to show it off, but users can already see the menus in the software to get a pretty good idea of how it will work...

When available it will require the Pro Feature Set, consistent with the original MPVI's standalone data logging also being a Pro feature, but with far more vehicle support and features this time. TrackAddict for Android is able to tap into that and receive the data over Bluetooth, which will be subject to the same requirements, but also benefits from most of the same features. You'll be able to push a VCM Scanner channel config to the MPVI2, which is how you can choose specific parameters and their polling rates, or TrackAddict offers some convenient defaults too.

Can't say too much about performance at this point, as that is one of the things being evaluated, and it can vary depending on vehicle and channel configuration, but my own data logging onboard the MPVI2 appears to be comparable to VCM Scanner so far. I've also recently expanded our broadcast parameters available on many CAN-based GM vehicles, largely with TrackAddict users in mind, so that we can get more interesting data and at higher sampling rates. Polling parameters will of course be slower, and TrackAddict's use should be fast but will intentionally be throttled somewhat for Bluetooth (trying to mitigate wireless lags and potential buffer overflows).

The MPVI2 "Legacy" mode in TrackAddict will continue to use the MPVI2 as it has in the past, basically as a pass-thru device like most other OBD-II interfaces on the market, which does not require the Pro Feature Set, but wont have the sampling rate or extensive enhanced parameters of the new Pro modes.

Advanced Tuner
    Weston, appreciate the late night Saturday reply!

I started another thread in the MPVI2 section pertaining to standalone logging as a whole. I'll be on the lookout for some reports from guys who already have the pro feature set, once it's released to the public.