Thread: Doing VE with a 6.2L and Super Charger

Doing VE with a 6.2L and Super Charger

Just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

Unplugged MAF because I cant get it to disable
    Set Open Loop with scanner - Couldnt get O2 Sensors to Disable
    Reset LTFT's - Because the come after starting and setting open loop.
    Disabled DFCO

Heres the tune I used for VE Logging and the Log No changes applied from this log.
    10 VE Tuning, DFCO, Sensors.hpt### Finaly correct No MAF.hpl

Does the maf have IAT builtin? If so wont work you will go into limp mode.

Edit: I see you supercharged so I assume you have breakout harness. That's all the correct steps. Just drive around and get data and apply.
    Last edited by GMCfast; 07-15-2020 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GMCfast View Post
    Does the maf have IAT builtin? If so wont work you will go into limp mode.

Edit: I see you supercharged so I assume you have breakout harness. That's all the correct steps. Just drive around and get data and apply.
    I have a beak out harness. Its post super charger.

There were some areas that were super fat and some that were very lean.

I'm guessing you have a 18? Or later? Seems to be the only ones you can't disable stft in the tune but you can in the scanner. Im guessing a new one to add to the list is you can't fail the maf. I tried yesterday and it would never give me the CEL. Unplugging it may be the only way if you have IAT broke out.

Tuner in Training
    zone boundaries

Quote Originally Posted by GMCfast View Post
    I'm guessing you have a 18? Or later? Seems to be the only ones you can't disable stft in the tune but you can in the scanner. Im guessing a new one to add to the list is you can't fail the maf. I tried yesterday and it would never give me the CEL. Unplugging it may be the only way if you have IAT broke out.
    Yea me either i unplugged it. I have a break out harness for the IAT sensor. It still doesnt fail even zeroing out the Paremeters.

Im getting the VE fairly close but these Polynomial VE's wont let you get it dead on like the olden days.

I have a strange push up in the VE from the logs. Its saying around the .64 map/baro and 2600 that its lean in every log. I raised it to the point that it will blow the Coefficient calculations if I go any higher.

Attached Tune and Log with image
    on22.hpl
    22 VE 2 Bar Scale.hpt
    62 Pressure Ratio 2600 RPM.png

My first guess would be an exhaust leak but I know theres not one. Ive looked and looked the exhaust over and listened while rolling around under the truck.
    Last edited by HellKnightHicks; 07-25-2020 at 06:20 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm betting you've been chasing your tail with this for a while. You can't calibrate the VVE with pressure ratio when baro is a learned value that isn't accounting for the blower. Notice how your baro goes up every time you get into boost? Need to address that before going any further.

Also, a good reason not to disable your MAF while doing all of this, assuming you'd want to enable closed loop: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ation-for-gen4

Yep when the Baro sensor built into the MAF sensor sees boost (don’t have to worry about this on PD blowers) it skews the barometric pressure (basically maxes it out) which throws off the calculation..

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    I'm betting you've been chasing your tail with this for a while. You can't calibrate the VVE with pressure ratio when baro is a learned value that isn't accounting for the blower. Notice how your baro goes up every time you get into boost? Need to address that before going any further.

Also, a good reason not to disable your MAF while doing all of this, assuming you'd want to enable closed loop: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ation-for-gen4
    Yup 24 log and tunes..... Was awesome...

Tuner in Training

Getting my head wrapped around the histogram and filtering when logging GMVE STFT error.

You mention disabling LTFT. When doing this on a Gen V, does STFT remain active or is closed loop disabled altogether?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by pisces_0 View Post
    Getting my head wrapped around the histogram and filtering when logging GMVE STFT error.

You mention disabling LTFT. When doing this on a Gen V, does STFT remain active or is closed loop disabled altogether?
    You still want closed loop enabled. That's what provides the fueling feedback in the math.

Tuner in Training
    You still want closed loop enabled. That's what provides the fueling feedback in the math.
    Thank you for the quick response.

Just have to filter out transients now...

I got a break out harness and have moved the baro out of the intake tube.

Got some more parts coming in in the next week to redo most of the piping.