Thread: 10 cammed camaro hard start

10 cammed camaro hard start

2010 6.2 6 speed, put in a tsp stage 3 ls3 cam, car runs idles and drives great but start up is giving me alot of trouble.

I've tried raising and lowering cranking spark, start up air flow, cranking ve, base idle air flow, (ivt gain, inj temp gain out of other things to try at this point), raised and lowered the corresponding maf cells during cranking, even cheated and tried a few tunes from the repository to no avail.

the strange part is some times the car will start fine, then immediately turn it off and restart, it will sputter and backfire then die. its very inconstant at all coolant temps

the first thing that comes to mind is mabey the cam sensor got damaged while changing the front seal, but i thought i would start he before throwing money at it and hope im missing something in the tune

current tune and a log of 3 star attempts. i also noticed inj duty cycle stays at 0 for 2 seconds after cranking then slowly climbs before the car starts to fire
    cammed 10 camaro.hpt 20-07-14 20-47-24.hpl

TOO much air. Put all idle, injection timing and cranking VE back to stock.

Take idle base final min, startup and MAF S/S startup *1.5 and try that. Should work better if there are no mechanical issues.
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm

i will give it a try. thank you