Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why does no one care about WOT TCC Lockup?

Quote Originally Posted by DENALI62 View Post
    I really appreciate all thia research you are doing im sure there are others that will benefit as well. I am thinking about building a box that will function simarly without the added complexity of running an entire standalone.
    I enjoy this stuff and the extra ecm part of it really opens things up for getting creative. You could build/buy a tps triggered relay. The thing about the extra ecm is it has all the inputs so let’s you get creative with your triggers. If your just doing the lock up then yeah it isn’t worth it but If your like me and want to keep adding and playing with various features an extra ecm is cheap.
    2017 camaro ss a8 with low mount twins

Quote Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
    I enjoy this stuff and the extra ecm part of it really opens things up for getting creative. You could build/buy a tps triggered relay. The thing about the extra ecm is it has all the inputs so let?s you get creative with your triggers. If your just doing the lock up then yeah it isn?t worth it but If your like me and want to keep adding and playing with various features an extra ecm is cheap.
    I ordered a 100 watt 4 ohm resistor to try this. Im not so much worried about wot lockup as i am trying to determine if my light acceleration slip is caused by the tune or if i in fact have a faulty triple disc. The wot lockup will just be a bonus lol

interesting scope results. such a high frequency... I am not sure the frequency would matter to the solenoid though. You might be able to get away with 100Hz same as 2000Hz. It depends on the frequency response of the driver, you would need to measure input vs output and compare the phase (Create a Bode plot, etc..). I am not sure about transmission solenoids but often with many devices the frequency is chosen more based on the audible range of a motor (choosing a freq where the device doesn't emit noise) or to take advantage of a resonance peak... in other words there is often no harm in choosing a lower frequency drive pulse other than an annoying sound or additional input energy requirement.

thanks for sharing

I found an article about solenoids and it said under 200hz and they are looking to complete open and close the noid. Above 200hz and they are looking to just move the noid a certain amount or apply a certain amount of pressure. The resistor sees to be working so I will just stick with that.

Speaking of the resistor. I put a jumper across it when I got the scope reading. Then went for a drive and forgot to pull the jumper, eeek. The first time I floored it and the override kicked in when I went to stop the lock up was stuck on and it killed the car. I cycled the key and it released and let me drive home. I haven’t been back out to see if the override with resistor still works. I hope I didn’t hurt anything. Seems something less than full current is what it wants.

Edit, I got to make some runs. It still works.
    Last edited by parish8; 07-26-2020 at 01:08 AM.

I found an article about solenoids and it said under 200hz and they are looking to complete open and close the noid. Above 200hz and they are looking to just move the noid a certain amount or apply a certain amount of pressure. The resistor sees to be working so I will just stick with that.

Speaking of the resistor. I put a jumper across it when I got the scope reading. Then went for a drive and forgot to pull the jumper, eeek. The first time I floored it and the override kicked in when I went to stop the lock up was stuck on and it killed the car. I cycled the key and it released and let me drive home. I haven?t been back out to see if the override with resistor still works. I hope I didn?t hurt anything. Seems something less than full current is what it wants.

Edit, I got to make some runs. It still works.

I found a t87 pinout and it is showing pins 21 and 22 are tcc on/off could you tell me which is the one you have tapped? Because i believe my wire colors are different. Thanks

The diagram I have shows pin 22 is tcc b and is yellow/brown. I didn’t confirm it is pin 22 but I did tap a yellow/brown and it is the tcc. On the camaro you have to pull the front bumper to get to the tcm so I just got the wire in the wheel well.

The diagram I have shows pin 22 is tcc b and is yellow/brown. I didn?t confirm it is pin 22 but I did tap a yellow/brown and it is the tcc. On the camaro you have to pull the front bumper to get to the tcm so I just got the wire in the wheel well.

Thats good enough for me! Thanks alot

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DENALI62 View Post
    Thats good enough for me! Thanks alot
    Im having some of same issues with a 6l90. Can keep it locked mostly under power but now 2 1400 RWHP I noticed its slipping a bit again

Does a wierd thing shows 107 TCC pressure but dips down near top of pull but not sure why
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mbray01 View Post
    the apply pressure ramp table is how much pressure is applied, or released to achieve the desired slip speed

if you are commanding a slip speed of 20rpms, then the zero column is 20 rpms, if its slipping 25 rpms, it will apply the pressure from the 5 rpm column to bring it back to 20, if its slipping 15 rpms it will release the pressure in the -5 rpm column to allow it to slip to 20 rpms

now if your commanding zero slip, the the table directly correlates to the slip rpm in the columns

this table directly affects how fast, it locks, it directly correlates to lock up feel(how harsh)
    Hi Michael,

Thanks for this explanation on apply ramps. I think I understand it - maybe - here's a shot.

I'm commanding zero slip in 7th and 8th gear as those are the only two gears I command lockup. Does that mean that if I simply increase the values from 800 - 2000 RPM that it will hold lockup better?
    Capture.JPG