Thread: 2015 Tundra Bricked?

Potential Tuner

2015 Tundra Bricked?

2015 tundra 5.7
    I am connected to the internet and did a read file. The hp site pulled a base file. I did a data log no issues with connection here. We made corrections went to flash the ecu everything seemed fine but it gave me a failed message during the write. Now the car won't start and and keeps saying fail every time I try to flash the new write. I am guessing it is bricked....

If this thing is bricked how common is this? Never had this happen on ford or gm stuff with the mpvi2 before. Is there any pointers to have a successful write on Toyota stuff or was this a $1000.00 f me fluke? Makes me not wanna touch another Toyota till I get some answers so any insight would be great. thanks
    Last edited by evolved; 07-15-2020 at 10:23 AM.

Tuner in Training
    This is what I am always scared of in using HPTuner software. Did you have a battery charger connected to the ECU? I was under the notion that all the doors were closed and everything in the cabin that deal with power has to be shut down prior to reflashing.

Hope you sort it out, keep us posted to avenues you had to take to get this vehicle online again.