Thread: S550 T56 Magnum XL Swap

S550 T56 Magnum XL Swap

Hey guys,

I'm installing a T56 swap kit on my '16 supercharged GT (MT-82 finally gave out in spectacular fashion) and I was wondering if there was anything special I needed to change other than the gear ratios. I preparation I entered in the gear ratios vs gear:

Gear Ratios.PNG

I also then changed my gear ratios Min and Max:

Ratios Min and Max.PNG

I just followed the pattern I saw on the stock tune. Each Max was +0.03 from the actual ratio and the Min was -0.03. Am I missing anything else here?

Oh and I am aware of the speedo change

Tuner
    You need to change the output shaft pulse count as well. Ford magnum XL is 12, but check I’m correct, I’m going from memory.

Ah alright I did read that as well. I got one of those signal converters with the kit, but not sure if I'm going to use that or just change it in the tune.

So I finally got the swap finished (also installed exhaust dumps, killer), I ended up using the bowler wiring kit to fix the speedometer, but I ran into some other tune issues. I had some minor Torque Control issues with the MT-82, but now it's really bad (Ever since I went to smaller pulley and bigger injectors it'd flip in and out of Torque Control at low load/low RPM). Now when I accelerate it completely stays in Torque Control and completely kills the spark. I can post logs later, but any ideas why this would've changed things?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JFiorito View Post
    So I finally got the swap finished (also installed exhaust dumps, killer), I ended up using the bowler wiring kit to fix the speedometer, but I ran into some other tune issues. I had some minor Torque Control issues with the MT-82, but now it's really bad (Ever since I went to smaller pulley and bigger injectors it'd flip in and out of Torque Control at low load/low RPM). Now when I accelerate it completely stays in Torque Control and completely kills the spark. I can post logs later, but any ideas why this would've changed things?
    So what did you finally have to do to get the torque management issue to go away.i too am having the same issue right now with my TR6060 and im running a bowler harness as well?

Potential Tuner
    So can you get away with the pigtail swap? (https://www.schwartzperformance.com/...g-pigtail-kit/) or do you need the pigtail kit with the Bluetooth speedo adjustment?