Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Cruze 1.4t. Hard boost cut, what tables control that?

Tuner
    Ok for sure. I will give it a shot in a few minutes. Thanks.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff7577 View Post
    Keep in mind that will mess up any VVE tuning you have done. I still have mine stock and it fuels accurately.
    Yeah.... unfortunately, like I thought, that injector data is radically off. My vve tables are tuned, very, very well, and the only thing I need was the boost issue fixed (which i am sure I know what it is now), and the hard, cold start issue fixed (which the injector data is not fixing at all). I am going to flash my injector data back, as it's been verified working, and only has issues when dead cold. Other than that it starts and idles really well. Thanks for your help though.

Quote Originally Posted by RoninDusette View Post
    Yeah.... unfortunately, like I thought, that injector data is radically off. My vve tables are tuned, very, very well, and the only thing I need was the boost issue fixed (which i am sure I know what it is now), and the hard, cold start issue fixed (which the injector data is not fixing at all). I am going to flash my injector data back, as it's been verified working, and only has issues when dead cold. Other than that it starts and idles really well. Thanks for your help though.
    Honestly that could be part of your issue. The entire engine is stock besides cutting out the swirl port, right? It is easy to go in circles chasing your tail changing things. Stock cams, head, intake(mostly), etc..

GM spent millions of dollars building that calibration with special equipment. I have not touched VVE and my wideband is dead nuts on.

Tuner
    Well, most people tuning, including a GM engineer, believe otherwise, considering everything the ECM does is based off of the VVE tables, and yes. GM spent all sorts of dough calibrating it... for the stock intake, exhaust, etc etc etc, running on petrol, with their cam timing. The only thing I don't have is aftermarket internals, but the air flow is vastly different from stock, and I actually got all of these issues fixed over the last few days. And my wb is dead on, too.

"The entire engine is stock besides cutting out the swirl port, right?"
    - well, no internals, so in that sense, the long block is stock, but I have a heavily modified VCT profile.

"intake(mostly), etc.."
    - Again, no. full metal charge piping and ZZP intercooler and intake with airbox, forge wastegate, catless downpipe and midpipe, msd coilpack, flex fuel conversion, ported manifold and modified PCV system. Which completely changes the profile, and the stock VVE gives me a pig rich condition across the board and terrible ignition timing. ONLY tuning the VVE a little bit over the last few days has leaned it out proper and is delivering consistent reliable results. Not touching the VVE is the complete opposite of what most people tuning gen v vehicles should do. It should actually be one of the first, if not THE first thing you do, along with calibration of the MAF (unless sd, but it can't hurt).

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wagonicfolding View Post
    Hey, I have a 1.4l 6spd Sonic. The gearbox is a bit goofy on them, and takes some getting used to. If you need to pass, forget about the top 3 gears. Third is tall enough that you can grab it at almost any speed under 70 and get a fair amount of acceleation. With the car holding revs between shifts: that is my biggest gripe as well. I have no idea if it can be tuned out, but it drives me up a wall. It's not ideal, I know, but it's certainly not the worst small car I have driven.
    oooo k. Not too sure how that is relevant. lol

Potential Tuner
    how did you get the 60# injectors to work?