Thread: WBO2 logging Noob question

WBO2 logging Noob question

I know carbs and have even branched out into holleys HP efi stuff on my small block, but I'm a noob to HPtuners and new school ls stuff, please have mercy...
    I've been watching videos on older trucks for logging WBO2 through EGR 0-5v ref.
    On my 2006 GMC Sierra there is no EGR valve (correct?). Other than going with the pro version. Are there any other options for logging 0-5v WBO2 in factory harness?
    Maybe point me in the right direction?
    Been searching the forum for a while now and I'm lost as a goose, would appreciate a heads up if it is a lost cause.

Woo, I'm in deep brothers...
    Will try to look up and verify pcm and pinouts.
    I think its a 12583560/61, will it not even have EGR pins?
    So my only options are the a/c pressure switch or Fuel tank pressure?

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...light=12583560
    Last edited by Richardg; 07-16-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Why is it not an option to enable EGR in the tune and add one little wire to the PCM? Seems easier to me than trying to work around disabling another existing sensor/system.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Why is it not an option to enable EGR in the tune and add one little wire to the PCM? Seems easier to me than trying to work around disabling another existing sensor/system.
    Agreed, I just simply do not know enough about this ECM (or any LS ecm for that matter). Are you telling me a 2006 GMC PCM still has a circuit for the EGR in it? All I need to do is find the pin on the connector? (and enable it in tune).

You have the truck in front of you, so you go enable the EGR in the tune, jumper a 5vref circuit onto the EGR pin, and see if EGR Volts changes in the scanner. Then you'll know if it'll work or not.

Thank you sir. Got a long way to go bud, appreciate the advice.

Ran across this little nugget... was not aware I could make a Rs232 plug and log strait with a Rs232 to USB adapter.
    Might be easier than trying to verify the older ECM's still have EGR curcuit. (I can't even find the EGR pin on the connector diagram) They must not label it bc it is not used...
    https://youtu.be/mGcEw29XZBQ
    Last edited by Richardg; 07-17-2020 at 06:54 AM.

It's gotta be like watching a baby try to walk before it crawls for some of yall.