Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mercedes M278 CLS550 BITURBO/4matic/2016

Mercedes M278 CLS550 BITURBO/4matic/2016

Just curious if anybody has a slightly modified stage 1 tune that they would be willing to share with me. The reason I ask is the price of this car just scares the shit out of me to go ahead and make adjustments myself. I honestly just wanted couple more pounds of boost per turbo and a more efficient AFR.. if anybody could help me I'd really appreciate it.
    Last edited by nick/intermediateTuner; 07-16-2020 at 02:11 PM.

I would rather somebody with Mercedes tuning experience possibly help me then me go and make a mistake that could cost me my engine. I always go by and live by the saying "if you don't know something you better ask somebody"

Potential Tuner
    Hi Nick Just got a 2015 CLS550 4MATIC and am just getting started, I looked at options like sending the ECU out to one of the shops, for the tune of $1500+. I would rather learn on my own. I want to start by reading the factory tune and go from there. So we basically have the same car except yours is 1 year younger.

if you are still interested PM me.

How you doing with your tune??? making any progress ?? im gonna send you my updated 1st READ file and compare it with yours... sometimes when we buy these used CARS they are tuned by previous owners... i sent you a couple.... slightly modified.. hope it helps
    Attached Files Attached Files

eric/george

for Eric and George.. hope it helps

Potential Tuner
    Hey nick I was able to connect and read the car info, but not able to 'read' I saw in another Mercedes forum someone else had the same issue but then got it resolved. I'll have time tomorrow to re-attempt the read and update the post. Thanks, Eric

That is able to read the car info, vin#, etc but not able to pull the .hpt file. I might have been too far away for the internet, not sure what the issue was.

Potential Tuner

Initial read

Well that was nerve wracking ! It said it had to 'patch' the vehicle to read it, so I let it write the patch, took about 11 minutes. I used the 'beta' software. The dash said 'vehicle inoperative do not shift gears dealer service required' which made me nervous. So I turned key to '0' then started it all seems OK. Here is my initial read file. I compared to Nicks Stage 2 and noticed his top speed is higher, but my torque numbers are different in a few places. Will have to play with some of the settings and see what changes. Also it looks like the laptop has to have internet access during the whole process.
    Last edited by EricEasternCT; 09-02-2020 at 09:25 AM.

Sorry I took so long to respond haven't had much time.. yeah the patch is an update that has to be written so that's good that it works for you. I've learnt a few things after flashing my car about 100 times..lol. I will send you my my most recent flash.. make sure you upgrade your air intake.. at least put some good drop in DNA air filters in there.. I also put borla xr1 mufflers on the car but I have not removed the big silencer after the cats.. probably just going to remove the silencer..

Potential Tuner
    I did pick up some AMG airboxes, they look like they will fit I just can't use the plastic engine cover that goes between the air boxes. Haven't messed with the exhaust yet. Thanks Nick !

Tuner in Training
    hey guys, brand new to tuning here beyond playing with a bench tune and mygenius. I've read my configuration and made a few changes to max speed (+50 to table), changed lambda min to .86, vehicle mass max torque to 885, max torque driver input var 1 and 2 ECM 13008 & ECM 13009 torque 800-4000 to +100, 4500-6700 +50 (I had some issues in fifth with bench tune). I also upped EGT Torque Limits (12842) +20.

For my air, I'm using UPD risers (they sort of raise the filter out of the input tube) with K&N filters. I may build an intake later, running cones to the front of the radiator (scorpion air intake).

Anyway, would much appreciate any pointers as I do not know anything, literally nothing was my previous experience.

Comparing my file to Nick (intermediate tuner) stage 2 second, from my stock I have Normalized torque at 885 or so vs 781.
    Last edited by clifftoo; 04-06-2021 at 10:30 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Cliff can you post your tune so I can compare to my initial read ?
    There is a tuning shop I talked to about an hour away and they said they do not use HP tuners, they want to sell me a mygenius, but I all ready have a lot of $$ tied up with the HP goods.

Thanks, Eric.

Tuner in Training
    cls550stock.hptcls550edit4.6.1.hpt

Sure, I might be able to pull the bench tune but on my car it isn't great in 5th. I'm guessing the shop is maybe AMR if you're in CT?

Potential Tuner
    I was looking at ecs-performance.com in South Windsor, I live outside of Norwich in Eastern CT so that's about an hour drive, Danbury is a haul for me, 2 hours without traffic, that's where AMR is. I checked out their website it looks like for $2300 I can get 6 tunes and a hand-held programmer, or for the same price they show a box with an ECU I'm guessing and a dyno session. I think ecs quoted me about the same price for some dyno pulls and the mygenius package. I'll compare yours this weekend thanks !

Tuner in Training
    Cool!
    Last edited by clifftoo; 04-18-2021 at 01:54 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Hello guys, thanks for the cool thread, and sorry to revive an old thread.

I have S550 with M278, can anyone share a tested tune for stage1 please.

Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    I can, you just have to post your current tune so I can edit it

Necropost.jpg
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909

Tuner in Training
    Hello Chevota, Thanks for the response. I am attaching my stock HPT file here.S550 Full Stock.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    "S550 Chevota" is more like a standard tune
    "S550 Chevota 2" is basically the same but tweaked for more power

S550 Chevota.hpt
    S550 Chevota 2.hpt
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909

Tuner in Training
    Hello Chevota, Thanks a lot for the files.

Will try them and let you know.