Thread: 2014 Mustang Coyote A6. tcc slip, torque management. Log and tune attached.

2014 Mustang Coyote A6. tcc slip, torque management. Log and tune attached.

Supercharged and headers and exhaust, Stock torque converter and trans. With a limited tire in a drag race situation I have decided to not disable torque management, but rather tune it to avoid knocking the tires off on the shift. During the shift I am winning the battle but I am running into torque management as I launch in first gear during the time when the TCC slip (although not being applied the TCC desired slip value is logged at 1020 RPM) when this number Is exceeded Trans Tunc becomes torque source and power is limited. I can not seem to find a value in the tune to adjust to mitigate this issue.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Just set torque truncation in Transmission>Torque Management>General>Torque Truncation = Disabled.

Turning it off will not disable Torque Reduction on the shifts. It's only an annoying nanny!!
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Thanks that worked. I mistakenly assumed that would turn all torque management off.

Advanced Tuner
    No problem. Yeah I like the reduction on too. Even with it on it still will either spin or bark my drag radials on the shift depending on traction lol.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.

I was running no reduction for a time, beyond traction issues, I was seeing shift changes that were indicating rapid clutch wear on the 2-3 shift. By tuning reduction during shift I have been able to actually get the shift done quicker than no reduction and have greatly reduced transmission fatigue.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapo View Post
    I was running no reduction for a time, beyond traction issues, I was seeing shift changes that were indicating rapid clutch wear on the 2-3 shift. By tuning reduction during shift I have been able to actually get the shift done quicker than no reduction and have greatly reduced transmission fatigue.
    You saw some flaring or something? I think if the reduction is too low ET might be lost. Find the sweet spot where it shifts fast as possible but does not lose time. I need to go do some testing to find it.

Please share some logs with torque reduction off and with it on. Id love to analyze them!