Thread: Cam timing: MSD Atomic airforce intake manifold

Cam timing: MSD Atomic airforce intake manifold

Hey everyone,

I recently installed an MSD Atomic airforce manifold on my 2018 Camaro SS. The fueling is already done but I am needing help on this specific subject because I know too little about it to start experimenting.

Essentially, with extensive research I have found that two changes are needed in order to get the most out of this intake manifold.

First, advance cam timing in the low end/part throttle.

Now, the tables are pretty straightforward. However, there are many that relate to different things.

As far as where to advance for low and part throttle to gain back lost torque, I am unsure where this change should be made.

The second change is to advance the cam timing at WOT. This is its own table and that makes it easy to identify where the change needs to be made. But that brings me to my next issue and that is what is a reasonable change to make incrementally on this table to note changes? This is being done street tuning. Cam timing is a bit confusing, and if the numbers in the table represent advance or retard.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Drives: 2018 Camaro SS A8
    Modifications: Roto-Fab Intake, E85, NW 103mm TB, 1 7/8" Headers/muffler delete, MSD Atomic Airforce Intake Manifold
    150hp Wet shot on progressive control/standalone fuel system

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    best pratice/testing would be on a dyno and make sure your logging target/actual intake cam
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161