Thread: 2016 VT LT Fuel Trims high

Potential Tuner

2016 VT LT Fuel Trims high

Hey everyone,

I have been looking to get into tuning and i have been reading around the forum to see what other people are doing and looking through a few posts and logs I'm seeing most people have LTFTs real close to 0%. Mine are dancing between 10% and 14%. I would like to figure out if this is an issue before i go too much further. Also i would like to have a Stock+ tune figured out before i start modding it.

I was running 87, i have switched to 93 however i have not even run through a full tank yet. Maybe that's the issue?
    I tried resetting the ECM by removing the battery negative cable but that does not seem to have changed the LTFT, when i started it back up it was at 14%.

The car is a fully stock 2016 Veloster Turbo Rally Edition with 71000 miles on it.

I am not noticing any adverse effects that might be related to this.

I am attaching the stock tune, my slight modifications to it and datalogs on stock (87 and 93 octane) and on stock+:
    Stock.hptStock071820_87.hplStock071820_93.hplStock+1.hptStock+1_071920_93_1.hpl

Is this an issue, will it cause any ongoing problems?
    What should I look for to fix this?

Thank you,
    Nicky

Tuner
    The fuel trims on OEM car and tune can be thrown off by many things. Be sure all is indeed OEM with no leaks anywhere and everything operating normally/in good condition. I've logged and tuned many of these cars and most run in the +5-10% LTFT area on 93E10 fuel, some slightly higher but not much. Every tune I do for them I scale the fuel differently to a given value for the given fuel used and get LTFT +/- 2% every time. No issues from any car thus far with good fuel trims. Those that are off can have issues but only usually if pushed hard.

Potential Tuner
    Thank for getting back to me. I will be smoke testing it soon hopefully tomake sure nothing is leaking. You mentioned scaling the fueling, how would you generally go about doing that? I was expecting VE tables to adjust AFRs but i can?t seem to find them. Is there a different table i should be looking at? I?ve noticed the trims seem to be highes at idle but i can?t think of what would cause that.

Tuner
    If you have the KRKATE map then change that value from .02564(stock) to .02714. This should help zero out the trims.

Factory and standalone computers have fuel trim capabilities.

The fuel trims on OEM car and tune can be thrown off by many things.
    LTFT changing WOT tune over time?