Thread: 4L80E How would I disable the input speed sensor on Hp to

Tuner in Training

4L80E How would I disable the input speed sensor on Hp to

Hi to all I would like to know if it is possible to disable the input speed sensor on a 4L80E to stop it going into limp mode. I am using a P01 0411 PCM. The trans mission will go into 4 once and then go into limp mode.
    Please can you help me.

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have the front speed sensor installed?

Tuner in Training
    No I am trying to run it without the sensor as it is a stand alone on a old school 350 chey motor. with a 4x reluctor and a tps. Would I need to install the sensor. Is there no way of switching it off.

Advanced Tuner
    ive never seen that done, its not hard to install the sensor.
    Might make life easier for you to have it in there and feed the PCM with info it needs.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks I have solved the problem. My own stupidity. All working as a stand alone transmission controller.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive915 View Post
    Thanks I have solved the problem. My own stupidity. All working as a stand alone transmission controller.
    AH!
    so what was the issue?

Tuner in Training
    I was running it on a simulator without having the A and B solenoid connected. So it was not able to pick up a resistance from the coils. That kept on putting it into limp mode. I am not using the input speed sensor only the output sensor. I plugged it into a 4l80e I have lying on the floor and used the simulator for the TPS , Speed and RPM and it is now shifting and converter is locking up.

Tuner in Training
    RDF1 You could has left you previous comment on and not changed it I have Broad shoulders and a thick skin I was not offended in any way. We learn as we go. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive915 View Post
    RDF1 You could has left you previous comment on and not changed it I have Broad shoulders and a thick skin I was not offended in any way. We learn as we go. Thanks
    ?
    I didnt change anything.

but we are all here to learn and now we learned something from your mistake. Im grateful that you posted up what the issue was, cause i would have done the same thing and sat there scratching my head.

Glad you got it all worked out!