Thread: Gen2 2018 intake with lockouts

Tuner in Training

Gen2 2018 intake with lockouts

New to tuning coyotes been searching the forums lots for answers and have tied different things.
    so around 1500- ~2400 RPM @ very little throttle there is a hesitation and isnt a smooth sweep through the RPM range
    ill attach the tune and log any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    1500-2500 hesi.hplvvttest1.hpt

Tuner in Training
    So I'm pretty sure the hesitation is due to the removal of the IMRC and I've tried searching to find what others have done and have implemented it into my tube but it doesnt seems to clear it up.
    Anyone have a link to a tune or link to a post that explains the best way to tune out the IMRC?

I believe you need to adjust your mapped points. Disable the mapped points that are designed to be used with the IMRC which I believe are 0-13. I haven't personally dealt with a Coyote mustang, but I have tuned a few coyote trucks. The only time I disabled these points was for adding a supercharger because, obviously, there are no IMRC with a supercharger.

Senior Tuner
    Try disabling anti shuffle. Log all your source PIDs to figure out more of whats going on.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    Try disabling anti shuffle. Log all your source PIDs to figure out more of whats going on.
    my car is using a control pack and is a manual so wouldnt it be disabled already since i doesnt know what gear im in? i will log all pid's and have another look thanks

Tuner in Training
    ok so i got it all sorted out and seems to be nice an smooth now.
    was wondering if some could look at his log and tell me what thy think of the WOT pull i did it seems to be pulling lot of timing
    thanks in advance
    highwy.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mnbf69 View Post
    ok so i got it all sorted out and seems to be nice an smooth now.
    was wondering if some could look at his log and tell me what thy think of the WOT pull i did it seems to be pulling lot of timing
    thanks in advance
    highwy.hpl
    Read my signature. Let it sink in and then look at your log again.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    Read my signature. Let it sink in and then look at your log again.
    You know I was reading a thread you replied to before and I saw you referring to your signature and I swore it was backwards before and i even checked my log after i read it... guess i should have looked a little closer thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mnbf69 View Post
    You know I was reading a thread you replied to before and I saw you referring to your signature and I swore it was backwards before and i even checked my log after i read it... guess i should have looked a little closer thanks
    A retardant is something that reduces or prevents. Adding more of it adds the effect of reducing or preventing. Think about flame retardant. If we want to reduce or prevent a flame we might add more retardant. The net effect of adding more flame retardant is lowering or preventing the flame. The net effect of adding more knock retard(ant) is lowering or preventing knock.

We prevent knock by lowering timing since timing is the controllable component. Adding more knock retard, i.e. +10 KR = -10 timing. If we actually go under 0 KR into the negatives like -5 KR it actually = +5 more timing.

If you still don't like that concept you can log Knock Correction instead. HPT added it a while back. It's basically like +10 KC = +10 timing and vise versa. A little easier to catch at a glance and also helps with not having to create a math for equations and such.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Tuner in Training
    What did you do to help correct this? I'm about to do this swap and lock out and start tuning mine. Trying to get as much info as I can before I swap so I can at eaaast have a tune I can go to and from work on. Only across my base about 4 miles lol.

Advanced Tuner
    Part of the correction is to fix your MBT tables. The mapped points are blending so the data is interpolating between the cells and interpolating between spark tables. MBT 16 and 17 have cells with timing that are 10 to 15* apart from each other. That's why the timing is advancing and retarding causing drivability issues. One table is commanding 55* in OPs troubled area, the other table is commanding 43* to 47*.
    The datalog looks like it has more issues than that but no sources were logged.

OP's shuffle switch is Enabled still. That's another possible cause and should be disabled.