Thread: trying add a wide band to data logging

trying add a wide band to data logging

ok all, I have read everything I can find I need to add a wideband sensor to the mpvi2 on my 03 gm truck. I want a direct connection to the tool? Is that possible ? Will the pro link cable work? If so what do I need to set up in the scanner and if not what other options are there?
    thanks in advance for the help......

Tuner in Training
    to connect directly to the tool you have to get pro or get a usb to serial converter and a rs232 plug that you can wire directly to the gauge then just plug in to your laptop via usb

Advanced Tuner
    You can connect the wideband output to the EGR pins at the PCM also.

While yours is a 03 you wont have the EGR but the PCM connector will have the spaces to put the pins.

https://youtu.be/NDyiq3A5MIc

thanks very frustrating . everything says to tune in lamda but gm 03 don't use can and if the prolink cable wont work this tool garbage ...

non egr truck
    and yes no connector

i love that guy ...

Advanced Tuner
    So wire it to the egr input at the PCM and you can log it that way. Piece o cake.

Do you have the connector on the side of your interface box?

i have mpvi2 pod i dont have the pro version which hp is saying i need to have in order for the link cable to operate . for an extra 249 upgrade they send me the cable ...

Now that I have fully read the response I really like that idea .

You got more help than I did trying to figure out what to do with a non egr ECM.
    I finally had one guy tell me just hook it up the EGR pin on ecm and see if it works...
    I couldn't find a pin out for the ecm that labled the EGR (bc it is not used).
    Found a good youtube video from Goat Rope Garage about setting up a serial cable. I'm going to try that. Got my wbo2 in this week and need to find a good place to install the O2 sensor.

I know these guys must get tired of seeing the same questions, it would be good to start pinning some of this stuff in a separate forum.
    These questions have to be asked a million times. When I used the search function of the forum. It wasn't helping me with this non egr 0-5v datalog. Guess I couldn't think of the correct keywords to use...