Thread: ZR1 Boost drop at high rpm

Tuner

ZR1 Boost drop at high rpm

Looking for advice to rule out inconsistent belt slip, a setting i keep overlooking or a boost solenoid issue?

This is an 09 ZR1 with a hand ported blower, 2.2 pulley, Kong HD Tensioner, Kong intake, Headers, NW102 boosted TB, Ported Lingefelter snout all on pump 93.

Will plan on meth and Fuel support for E85 next.

Before the last round of mods this past winter (just started driving it and tuning it this past week) Boost would hold consistent with the HD tensioner and the 2.2 pulley at 16psi.
    Now that i hand ported the blower and installed the Kong intake and 102 TB i just started noticing during WOT pulls that boost would drop from holding consistently at 17psi down to 14psi after 6200, but sometimes not in every gear. as you can see in 2nd gear on a WOT pull it would hold until i hit 3rd, then at the top of 3rd it would drop boost. Then into 4th it would hold 17psi again and drop after 6200 to 14psi.

-I dont know how to accurately rule out the boost solenoid. Thinking if that isnt set correctly it could randomly bleed a little boost.
    -Thinking it could be a setting in HPTuners that im overlooking for it to drop boost like that? (tune attached for reference)
    -OR the belt gets hot, enough to lose grip after an extended period under load. i keep popping the hood afterwards to see if there is rubber building up around the SC pulley area and it is clean.

Attached is a couple snips from logs i have of it, both first WOT pulls of the day after everything is warmed up. One on a day where it was 90* out and another where it was 75* out. Cant seem to track down conditions for a pattern.

Thanks!

Tuner
    Forgot to mention, I tried to log the boost solenoid to see if there is any correlation. but no luck even getting any feedback

Advanced Tuner
    You can route the vacuum lines to take the solenoid out of the equation.

Tuner
    Good Point.

Is the only purpose of that blower flap for boost control only? or is it also there so that while its under boost at wot and you abruptly let your foot off the pedal to 0, boost has to go somewhere so it recirculates it?