Thread: first time tuning a subaru, new to tuning, need help

Potential Tuner

first time tuning a subaru, new to tuning, need help

I'm kinda lost, I cant get this thing to enrich when it comes into boost to save my life, please help me!

Potential Tuner
    soo, this has changed quickly, couldn't get an afr error table to read out to tune the MAF so I started adding to get my afr right and kept playing with it manually until we got good afr everywhere. 14s and 13s around town and I'm mid 11s at wot. soo still having a issue. I keep getting a fuel cut in 3rd and 4th up high while doing pulls. 1 and 2 no issue thing pulls hard and is making good power. ive got my fuel cut set to 30psi and am only running 19 and its still having issues. car has a up pipe, full catless exhaust, down pipe, aem intake, tial external waste gate that dumps to atmosphere, with a "13lb" spring in it, air pump delete too. I'm happy with the car and ready to deliver other than this cut. as soon as cut happens it throws a p0244. I had waste gate set to 0% due to over boosting badly. clearly the spring in the gate isn't a 13lb spring. ill attach my tune and a log. ive set plug gap to .020 thinking maybe it was blowing spark out as well. no dice.

stiOG.hpt

BradsSTIlog.hpl

Quote Originally Posted by nandfperformance View Post
    soo, this has changed quickly, couldn't get an afr error table to read out to tune the MAF so I started adding to get my afr right and kept playing with it manually until we got good afr everywhere. 14s and 13s around town and I'm mid 11s at wot. soo still having a issue. I keep getting a fuel cut in 3rd and 4th up high while doing pulls. 1 and 2 no issue thing pulls hard and is making good power. ive got my fuel cut set to 30psi and am only running 19 and its still having issues. car has a up pipe, full catless exhaust, down pipe, aem intake, tial external waste gate that dumps to atmosphere, with a "13lb" spring in it, air pump delete too. I'm happy with the car and ready to deliver other than this cut. as soon as cut happens it throws a p0244. I had waste gate set to 0% due to over boosting badly. clearly the spring in the gate isn't a 13lb spring. ill attach my tune and a log. ive set plug gap to .020 thinking maybe it was blowing spark out as well. no dice.

stiOG.hpt

BradsSTIlog.hpl
    I don't have my MPVI2 on me at the moment so i can't view the tune file (I can look tomorrow though), but keep in mind the fuel cut pressure is an absolute pressure, not relative. That may or may not be your issue, i won't know until i look at the tune

Potential Tuner
    The front 02 sensor is not a wideband sensor so you will need to get one. What model car do you have

Tuner in Training
    I had the same issue : banghead:

Quote Originally Posted by nandfperformance View Post

stiOG.hpt

BradsSTIlog.hpl
    Look at your desired boost table. It's set to 20 across the board. This is absolute pressure, so you're only commanding around 5.3 psi everywhere.