Thread: torque management issue i think?

torque management issue i think?

2008 tbss
    cammed ls2
    awd 4l80e with 4l60e tune and conversion harness
    3200 stall

Truck was 80e swapped for about a year before the cam swap. never had any issues that I noticed, but maybe I didn't make enough power to notice it.

On a WOT launch from a dead stop about 4500 rpm in 1st gear ONLY I get a LOT of torque management pulling timing and closing the throttle. 2nd and 3rd gear are fine, no issues I can see. you can see it in the log and feel it in the truck, power is way down at the top of 1st then on the 1-2 shift the truck feels like it picks up 100HP due to all the timing coming back and throttle opening back up.

anyone have any insight on what I may be missing with the tune?

tbss 072220.hpt
    torque management.JPG
    2008 tbss tq management log.csv
    Last edited by 6speedblazer; 07-22-2020 at 08:55 PM.

it does not look like my exported log file worked out to well. Anyone got any tips on uploading a larger log file? its 8mb

Potential Tuner
    I would say it is torque management issue it still think its trying to save the 4l60e

Tuner
    why not segment swap it to a 80 tune

Quote Originally Posted by stick8555 View Post
    why not segment swap it to a 80 tune
    When i did the swap, I couldnt find an 80e OS that would work well with the tbss ecm. I tried a handfull of different tcm tunes and all had issues.

60e tune and adapter harness had me up and running super quick. I spent more time on the trans tuning than I did on the actual trans swap.

found a couple older logs that show the same issue, but i didnt have all the torque management PID running yet

2008 tbss 1st gear highway pull 2.hpl
    2008 tbss 1st gear highway pull.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    You could try disabling the TCS methods for spark and ETC. I have had a similar issue before and it wasn't traction control per se, but rather a traction control diagnostic that kept trying to run. I was able to get rid of it with user defined parameters.