Thread: DSX E85 on a C6 LS3 - Injector Swap Help - Cells Don't Align - Took a Stab..

Tuner in Training

Lightbulb DSX E85 on a C6 LS3 - Injector Swap Help - Cells Don't Align - Took a Stab..

Hey guys, appreciate any help you can provide in advance.

I am moving to E85 on my Ls3 C6.

I have the alcohol tables ready and all the blend rates, etc.

What I am having trouble with is the injector data I am trying to swap in.

I have 54lb (but data looks like they're actually 50lb) ls3 style injectors from a flex fuel 6.2 - GM PN 12609749

I have the e38 tune read from a stock 6.2 flex fuel Esky, however my data is not matching up to the cells between my e38 in the c6 to the Cadillac.

Cadillac-
    esky.png

C6-
    c6injector.png

Now, I found a spreadsheet here, linked below, to figure out how to get these injectors to work and swap data cleanly between both style ecus.

Spreadsheet-
    injector delta pressure inerpolator rev d1.xls

So what I did was try to figure out the 400kpa number from the Escalade. This cell is not there, but I tried to figured it out by plugging numbers into the sheet attached, which you will see - that is saved with my data, to have it match the 408 cell.

Is this correct?

Would I then say my 400kpa cell for the c6 should be 49.94799847 and run that same value how the C6 is setup from cells 128 to 400? Or do I copy the Esky and how it ramps?

Ramping new data like escalade-
    Injector V1.png

Like C6 Data-
    v2.png

Again, I have no idea if this above data is correct, never done this before but did some digging and trying to learn.

Would I also change injector flow mult vs fuel flow? Anything else need to be changed?

Thank you guys for your help.

Advanced Tuner
    I had the same issue with my truck. Ive had to do this twice, Snake Eater injector data does not use the early E38 format and for my old CTSV injector data for the previous injector. I found that spreadsheet to be off a little in the 128, 208, 288, 368, 448, 528 and 608kpa area which are cells that are known good. You may not notice much of a difference but, i wanted it right as much as possible. What i did was use excel and was painstakingly labor intensive. I filled in data of knowns for the pressure delta (from your esky file) and then interpolated between them in 1kpa increments to find the data points for my kpa (your C6). Im not 100 percent this is correct because not all injectors are perfectly linear between data sets. When you interpolate, your essentially making it relatively linear between each known data point but i dont know a better solution. It should be close enough for the majority. ALSO, Dont forget to get the rest of the data. You will need to do the interpolation for the offset vs. pres. vs ignv and you should be able to just copy and paste the short pulse adder.

Example:
    128kpa=28.2
    148kpa=30

144kpa=??

interpolate 128kpa through 148kpa in 1 kpa increments to find your 144kpa datapoint..... then continue with knowns NOT your interpolated data.
    Last edited by mcfarlnd; 07-25-2020 at 07:49 AM.
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

Tuner in Training
    Appreciate that.
    I am working on doing this and do get a curved graph, however I just want to make sure this is accurate.

I am assuming I'll need to retune my maf and vve, correct?

Advanced Tuner
    If only change in hardware is injectors, If your previous injector data was good and the injector data you are putting in is correct, your MAF and your VE should remain the same.
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8