Thread: Why are my STFT's off?

Tuner in Training

Why are my STFT's off?

Basically stock 01 GMC Sierra 5.3 2wd ext. cab. Has an intake, no cats with stock muffler. I have logged and corrected my MAF, logged my VE multiple times using a PLX wideband. I tune in lambda and I am using EQ error. I have my stoich set at 14.3 due to the ethanol content in the fuel locally. As you can see in the log, my EQ error is around 2%. The issue is when I go back to running MAF and stft, my stft are -15 roughly. I am not using ltft just stft. Am I chasing my tail or am I missing something? I am attaching my current tune and most recent logs. ve tune.hpl normal.hpl jerry tune 2 newest tune.hpt

When tuning using the wideband did you have LTFT/STFT and closed loop disabled??

I noticed your open loop EQ ratio is at 1.02 and that would be a problem if you were open loop tuning. It would make the fuel trims remove fuel once you turned them back on because you have to command stoich in open loop aka 1.00.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I did have fuel trims and closed loop disabled. I bet open loop eq is the issue. I knew it had to be something simple. I will give that a try and see if my stft are better. Thank you for the very fast response. Everything else look decent tune wise? The truck runs very good and is really smooth.

Tuner in Training
    Here is a log from my drive to work today. I adjusted my open loop eq ratio and it didn't seem to have any effect on my STFT.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Just mentioned this elsewhere...WB and NB will never agree. They are different types of sensors despite the fact that they sense oxygen... If you calibrate all of your airflow using feedback from a wideband, closed loop fueling will have a constant error. I rarely see two widebands agree, let alone a wideband and narrowband.

Tuner in Training
    So I am chasing my tail. The truck runs good as it is, I was just washing, rinsing and repeating just because i was bored.

Tuner in Training
    Well I figured my STFT problem out. My MAF needed to be retuned. It still isn't perfect but I am headed in the right direction. Here is my latest tune and log. If someone would take a look at the log and see the portion around the 6:52 minute time frame and see if there is anything I can do to get a little more bottom end off the line power. I think I have my timing pretty decent, I am running 93 and it is hot outside. This may be as good as it is going to get without some motor work or a power adder. I appreciate any and all input.
    Attached Files Attached Files