Thread: At a loss on misfire

Tuner in Training

At a loss on misfire

I have 2008 pontiac G8 GT with a L76 6.0. I put a 229/244 .615/595 113+4 cam in it and a 3600 stall with supporting mods. Right now I am working on dialing in the MAF table and I get 2-3 codes, P0300, P0304, and P0106. When the misfire codes come on it makes the car start over fueling and sets the commanded lambda to .833. I don't believe that it is parts failure due to the fact that I can disable the MAF and run an SD style tune and not have any issues at all. I also noticed on my drive to work early in the morning when it's only 60-70 degrees and low humidity it doesn't throw any code and the car runs great but as soon as I leave work and its 85-95 degrees and super humid as soon as I start the car it'll throw the codes. What am I missing in my tune to help with this? I know there's the misfire tab but I'm unsure of exactly what it does and don't want to make changes blindly so figured I'd ask and see.

I have attached both the tune and the last log file I took that shows whats happening.

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Just because you can disable something and make the problem go away doesn't mean the problem isn't just hidden under something else now. I would look at hardware, even if you don't think that's it.

That said, misfire detection doesn't work without an unfaulted MAF and fuel system. Misfire detection requires a reliable torque baseline to perform the diagnostic. With good air and fuel, the controller considers the engine torque consistent enough to begin monitoring the crankshaft reluctor for small, unexpected decreases in engine speed. If during its 720 degrees of rotation there is a sag in the high resolution RPM, the controller will consider that cylinder partially or completely misfiring.

Based on your log file, cylinder 4 needs some attention.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    Just because you can disable something and make the problem go away doesn't mean the problem isn't just hidden under something else now. I would look at hardware, even if you don't think that's it.

That said, misfire detection doesn't work without an unfaulted MAF and fuel system. Misfire detection requires a reliable torque baseline to perform the diagnostic. With good air and fuel, the controller considers the engine torque consistent enough to begin monitoring the crankshaft reluctor for small, unexpected decreases in engine speed. If during its 720 degrees of rotation there is a sag in the high resolution RPM, the controller will consider that cylinder partially or completely misfiring.

Based on your log file, cylinder 4 needs some attention.
    Alright, I will try swapping parts around and see if I can get the miss to move and go from there! Thanks for the reply!