Thread: New project unusual behavior

Tuner in Training

New project unusual behavior

New to me Coyote transplant with unusual throttle response, no LTFT, and STFT swing when fan comes on(around 12:34:55)log.hplconfig1.Channels.xmllayout1.Charts.xmltcford.hpt

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Torque is being clipped by TCase/Low Range/Driveshaft. Not enough info in your post or the data to be able to tell which of those things you need to look at.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for your reply Smokeshow. The engine is a 2016 mustang pullout. Fabricated air tube is the only non stock engine item. Using a 5speed manual trans. Only changes to tune file are related to PATS, rearO2 deletes, and other diagnostics. This is the" as received tune" and the log is the first test drive. Owner said not running right and I tend to agree.

Advanced Tuner
    The STFT discrepancy isn't due to the fan turning on...it's in the middle of an intrusive diagnostic. You may have got rid of the rear O2s and cats, but none of the DTCs are removed. So it is still trying to get fault status on the emissions system. Likely the same issue with the throttle, looking for OSS or something similar. You never mentioned what this engine and transmission is in.

Tuner in Training
    I did give the DTC's a quick look and failed to notice some(many)were still active. I'll work on that. The only code I've ever seen on it was "2610 engine off time". The car is about a 67 or 68 Galaxy. I would not have thought any diagnostics would cause this lack of performance and poor running without some indication of a code. I also wonder why the LTFT's do not seem to be active.

I appreciate your input, the only other Coyote transplants I have worked on were FRPP Control packs not Mustang pullouts--easy money. I knew this would be a challenge and have a learning curve. I'll do my best to provide any info needed to get a direction on this.

Tuner in Training
    I've removed DTC's related to downstream O2's and some evap. functions. I am still trying to figure out why the LTFT's are not active, and also trying to figure out what drives Throttle Angle Source. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    Need to log all of your torque sources, predicted/immediate torques, brake and indicated torques.

Tuner in Training
    Hope this contains the data you require.

log34.hpl

log34channel.Channels.xml

New log test drive after DTC revision.

Advanced Tuner
    Makes sense now. It's your intake tube throwing the MAF calibration off. Gotta calibrate that MAF for the new intake. The airflow it is reporting is too low so the fuel trims are coming in and enriching. And since the MAF airflow and TPS airflow don't agree, it is trying to diagnose the issue and learn the error from either barometric pressure estimation or TPS offset.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I knew this had to be done, but this initial behavior prompted me to investigate the possibility of another problem. The more complex the system, the more complex the manifestation of a even a simple problem I guess.

I will keep you posted as to my progress. Thanks again!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    Makes sense now. It's your intake tube throwing the MAF calibration off. Gotta calibrate that MAF for the new intake. The airflow it is reporting is too low so the fuel trims are coming in and enriching. And since the MAF airflow and TPS airflow don't agree, it is trying to diagnose the issue and learn the error from either barometric pressure estimation or TPS offset.
    Can you walk me through how you made this determination and what exactly you were looking at?