Thread: LT4 Nova TPS wont exceed 40%

Tuner in Training

LT4 Nova TPS wont exceed 40%

I am finishing a old Chevy II swapping in a 4l80 with standalone controller. The car has an LT4 and had an 8L90. I installed the standalone unit, tapped the TPS signal, and tried to setup the ECU, but the TPS learn would not take. I hooked up the vcm scanner and TPS reads 31% until you blip the pedal, when it will go from 21% at no throttle and 40% max at WOT. Ive verified 5v ref and low at the connector. Ive tried to do a TB relearn, unplugged the battery to reset everything. Its still persisting like its almost stuck in limp mode. has anyone ever had the throttle cap so low on the scanner? could it be as simple as a bad TB? Ive attatched a log and closest to unmolested tune i have for the thing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    These will be the first in a long list of items you will have to change, if you can.

tcm.png

Tuner in Training
    since i first posted i have bypassed the tcm can lines so i do not nee the module on the bus anymore, i have changed that setting, have it selected as manual trans fitted, now getting no codes but still no throttle response.

What’s your DD tables look like?

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Ok! Just making sure it you we’re using axle TQ and no KW. Fixed a few swaps where that was changed over and had no throttle pedal

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    I swapped out a TB from a 17 corvette engine we had sitting around, still will not exceed 40%. I was also getting a 'coil primary circ A' permanent code, swapped coil and it still persists. Could a permanent Coil code cause limp mode? Going to try to iron that out before i go further.

Ben, I read another thread similar to this where you had commented, but unfortunately his issue resolved itself.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    coil could be bad ground or continuity
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

This is normal. You have removed the 8l90 it it no likey this combo. There big issue is I bet your speedo shows 158 mph at all times. There are tricks to get around this. We are also developing a can bus speed converter to fake speed to the eco to get around this. You can email me at [email protected]