Thread: 2001 Suburban OS 12208322. E-Fans

Tuner in Training

2001 Suburban OS 12208322. E-Fans

Hello everyone,

I have searched through the forums and have not found a clear answer. I have a 2001 Suburban and my electric fans come on low as soon as the truck starts and will not trigger to high based on temp or A/C. I know the A/C will not due to the year and having a pressure switch rather than sensor which there are different ways to get that to work so that?s a non issue for me at the moment.

But after doing a lot of digging I realized my OS is 12208322. I am not 100% sure, but I believe this is my issue. Has anyone successfully ran electric fans with this OS? Or have you had to upgrade or downgrade your OS? Does HPT having a custom OS that works that will allow me to keep my VIN?

I have OE fans and OE 3 relay fan harness from an 05 truck.

I have also tested the relays using a Tech2 and can turn the fans on low or high, as well as a single fan on high depending on what combination of the 3 relays i trigger, so i believe the harness is correct and functioning as it should.

Any help would be extremely greatly appreciated!!
    Last edited by ohsquigglyinmyeye; 07-27-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Tuner in Training
    IMG_6919.jpgIMG_6920.jpgIMG_6921.jpg

I am not sure if i should change from the configuration set as 2 Fans to AUX Fans maybe? But I am not exactly sure how AUX Fans works or if it would still control my fans correctly. I have Type fitted set as analog should it maybe be changed to analog cycling?
    Last edited by ohsquigglyinmyeye; 07-27-2020 at 08:24 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I am hoping someone who has a lot more experience with HP tuners can provide some guidance on a different question I have that is in relation to this, I checked the forums and did not see anything related to this.

If i license a PCM and save the stock tune and OS from it and flash a new tune with a new OS onto the PCM, will I have to pay additional credits if I want to revert back to the original Tune and OS?

I am willing to pay the 2 credits to license a new file that has a whole different OS to see if it resolves my issue, but if it does not, is it going to cost me more to revert it back to stock configuration? Or will I be able to flash either or in at my discretion since I have already paid for both files? I just don't want to flash to the new OS and if I have issues not be able to put the stock file back in.

Senior Tuner
    You will likely have to change the OS to resolve the fan issue.
    If you change to a different OS, then you will have to purchase two credits.
    If you change back to the original OS later, you won't have to buy credits again.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    You will likely have to change the OS to resolve the fan issue.
    If you change to a different OS, then you will have to purchase two credits.
    If you change back to the original OS later, you won't have to buy credits again.
    Thank you for answering my question! I was hoping i would not have to pay again to revert back to the original OS on the off chance there was some sort of issue. I greatly appreciate it!

Tuner in Training
    Thanks again for your help! I was able to upgrade my OS and retain my VIN and now the fans come on with the temperature as well as with the A/C. Could not be happier!