Thread: AFR Timing Advance Question

Tuner in Training

AFR Timing Advance Question

I have a turbo gen 3 5.3 (P01) that I'm tuning and looking for a little help on something. It was previously tuned and they put in a "Safety Net" where after 8psi it would dump fuel and pull timing using the BE EQ Ratio and AFR Timing Advance tables. I am moving more towards 12 to 13psi now and have removed this but still seems to be acting on the timing and air-fuel. I'm sure the rich condition is due to the VE table not being tuned past the 8psi range even with the BE EQ Ratio corrected but with the AFR Timing Advance tabled 0'd out, it still pulls up 0.5 degrees at higher boost levels. I'll attach the tune and a log if someone could double check things for me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The AFR timing advanced table isn't zero'd though. It may show zero but that is because you have the decimal point all the way over to the left. Click the blue .00 going to the right and it will show .418 degrees taken out at 1.30 cylinder airmass.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    If I could put my palm through my face, I?d do so now. Added the decimals and now we?re 0?d out. Thanks 5FDP