Thread: 2003-2004'ish Trucks/SUV's...WHY do they ALL have bootloader issues???

Advanced Tuner

2003-2004'ish Trucks/SUV's...WHY do they ALL have bootloader issues???

These year models are a major PITFA when it comes to flashing. You already have to pull the radio fuse if there's an aftermarket radio in the truck or it won't complete the flash, but I am constantly having failed boot loader issues on these particular year models and ONLY these year models. Any reason as to why? Any way around it? I'm not talking just a couple. This has been throughout 10 years of tuning and 3 different cables.

I've got one I'm tuning now that's failed bootloader and now I can't even communicate with the PCM at all. Not even through the scanner. I cringe when someone calls asking for a tune for a truck or SUV around this year because they're almost always a pain.

Any help or pointers is appreciated. Thanks.

Potential Tuner
    I'm not sure how to help you currently, but if you uncheck the "use high speed" box when writing you may not have to pull the radio fuse and it may save you from trouble down the road. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by gmtech825 View Post
    I'm not sure how to help you currently, but if you uncheck the "use high speed" box when writing you may not have to pull the radio fuse and it may save you from trouble down the road. good luck

That's exactly right

I only have the described issue with those seemingly when my USB cable is on it's "way out". Knocks on wood...
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com