Thread: 02 sierra help e85

02 sierra help e85

hey guys have an 02 sierra needing help, runnning e85 truck wont stay on unless giving it throttle.
    any help or suggestions?j6.0 single cab.hpt

You sure it's got enough fuel in the MAF/VE?

You also didn't change the cylinder volume, so it still thinks it's a 4.8 engine size.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

ohh yes thats true l need to make that change, ill make that change soon any other change i should make for the e85
    seems to run but as soon as i let of throttle turns off.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone_mfkn_wolf View Post
    ohh yes thats true l need to make that change, ill make that change soon any other change i should make for the e85
    seems to run but as soon as i let of throttle turns off.
    Just like 5F said, adjust for the proper engine displacement, then you need to change the Stoich AFR to 9.8.
    After that, open the throttle blade to allow additional airflow into the engine. You didn't say what TB you are running.

If it's a stock TB, you can open it up until your TPS is between 0.80- 0.82V. That'll be a great starting point.

I assumed he set the stoich to 10.50 because it's just pump E85 that is more like E70ish at a gas station.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

yes e85 from gas station and throttle is an aftermarket ill look into the part#
    thanks guys do need some help with this thing

throttle is a gplus cable driven not sure on the size, should be either 92mm or 102mm

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone_mfkn_wolf View Post
    throttle is a gplus cable driven not sure on the size, should be either 92mm or 102mm
    In that case, I would adjust the throttle body minimum air screw until you get the IAC in the 40-60 range at warm idle.
    In some instances, I've had to slot the holes on the TPS in order to keep it in the proper range.

ok ill give that a try