Thread: LNF Maf Tuning help please

Tuner in Training

LNF Maf Tuning help please

Hello , I have owned a 09 Cobalt SS sense it was brand new. It was GmS1 for years. Then about 6 years ago I had a local tuner tune over top of Gms1 with a moderate tune. The car has always worked great and still does mostly. The car has a KN sri and a zzp catted down pipe and a muffler delete. I have been watching old YouTube videos from cobaltss overbooster and a few others. Trying to learn as much as I can. For the most part I understand most of what i have read and watched. The only thing I don't totally understand is how to tune my maf to bring my fuel trims back in line. They aren't that bad. But after a few years Im sure they could be touched up.

The main problem with learning how to tune the maf comes from the fact that all of the videos I have watched are all 5 and six years old. Hp tuners scanner and editor don't look anything like they did years ago. Many of the setting and parameters are named differently now and in different places. Thus making it much harder to follow along and learn how to tune the maf myself.

I was hoping someone could give me a step by step as to where to start , from logging the car to editing the fuel trims . And there was something in there about unplugging my purge solenoid in the manifold as well as setting the maf corrections to1.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    I know the LNF platform is a bit older at this point. But there really isn't anyone that has any MAF tuning advice for the Lnf ?

Advanced Tuner
    unplug the evap purge valve and use short term fuel trims to tune the maf. i set the maf correction factor to 1 to avoid any outside influence over the data

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TCSS07 View Post
    unplug the evap purge valve and use short term fuel trims to tune the maf. i set the maf correction factor to 1 to avoid any outside influence over the data
    So after I unplug the solenoid. Do I then set my MAF correction tables all to 1 and THEN log the car with the scanner ? And then use the editor to correct the values by percent and half percent as needed ? Also , Do i need to load the scanner data into the editor ? Or just copy and paste the cells that are off from the scanner to the editor ?

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    yes sir thats how i do it but everyone is different. i just like to have the least amount of adders to get the base correct.

i just copy and paste the data.

Advanced Tuner
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan