Thread: tables

Tuner in Training

tables

hi guys is there a place where i can see all the tables that a tuner can edit for a 99 vette a4 and would the new mpvi3 tire wizard make the correction for shifting when changing from 273 to 342 gears more specific the tcc slip table that causes the p1870 code

Senior Tuner
    HPT used to have a downloadable demo version of their software. Not sure if they still do. It would open a 99 Vette A4 file someone provided you. I don't believe you can access the tune repository without buying the product and registering. HPT will be able to scale the gear change. P1870 is almost always a bad TCC clutch and requires TC replacement. There are min and max PWM lock up tables in the calibration but I've never seen changing them fix a P1870 once it starts setting. YMMV

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    HPT used to have a downloadable demo version of their software. Not sure if they still do. It would open a 99 Vette A4 file someone provided you. I don't believe you can access the tune repository without buying the product and registering. HPT will be able to scale the gear change. P1870 is almost always a bad TCC clutch and requires TC replacement. There are min and max PWM lock up tables in the calibration but I've never seen changing them fix a P1870 once it starts setting. YMMV
    if the tuner that tuned it would he have a file of what was changed that he could access ?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ball-z View Post
    if the tuner that tuned it would he have a file of what was changed that he could access ?
    I would think he should have unless he deletes them when he's done which would be dumb.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the info i will contact him tomorrow also if someone else plugs into the car can they see what the numbers are without buying credits ?

Senior Tuner
    Yes if your tuner didn't lock the file.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for your reply im waiting for the tuner to get back to me also if the file is locked what would someone see {ie blank screen or something}
    Last edited by ball-z; 09-06-2022 at 04:21 PM. Reason: added

Senior Tuner
    If he gives you a locked file, it will come up with a box saying it's locked.