Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neural Network Trainer by HP Tuners

Tuner
    Ok, so here is where I get confused..... When NN tuning a Mopar GPEC2 vehicle, you don't adjust the VE tables.... at least that is what I was taught.

So if the NN Trainer is creating VE table updates, but you don't adjust VE tables when tuning a Mopar GPEC2 vehicle, how does this work????

My head hurts....

Advanced Tuner
    I wish there were more detailed instructions or an example of how to use it. The current info is like giving instructions on how to fly a fighter jet off and onto an aircraft carrier in just 5 steps. Or is it just me?

Hello Everyone,

There has been a few questions that have come up multiple time so we have created an FAQ regarding the Neural Network Trainer.

Please follow the link for more information on the NNT by HP Tuners.
    https://www.hptuners.com/products/ne...trainer/nnfaq/

Advanced Tuner
    Just ran across this. A couple of questions that I don’t see in the FAQ.

Does it only work with LT or St fuel trims, no wideband?

Is it specifically for modifying Vve on engines with operational variable cams?

It is up to the user to decide how they want to modify the VE tables. They can use fuel trims or any other method they like.

The Neural Network Trainer is intended for all FCA and GM vehicles which use neural networks to estimate Volumetric Efficiency.

Tuner in Training
    I did start a thread. Need quick answer as I'm working on it now. How do I get the prompt from editor to come up. I did the read. But realized I needed to update. Can I get the prompt without doing the read again?

To access the Neural Network Trainer, open a tune file which supports neural network training, and click Edit -> VE Neural Network Trainer.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor@HPTuners View Post
    To access the Neural Network Trainer, open a tune file which supports neural network training, and click Edit -> VE Neural Network Trainer.

I have done that. It opens a window. But there is not much there. It doesnt give me the option to open something. Only the option to save a HTT file. I need instructions for dummies.

Quote Originally Posted by BoostBuilder View Post
    I have done that. It opens a window. But there is not much there. It doesnt give me the option to open something. Only the option to save a HTT file. I need instructions for dummies.
    A full step-by-step instruction on how to use the Neural Network Trainer is available at: http://www.hptuners.com/pub/Neural%2...ide%20v1.1.pdf

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor@HPTuners View Post
    A full step-by-step instruction on how to use the Neural Network Trainer is available at: http://www.hptuners.com/pub/Neural%2...ide%20v1.1.pdf
    You freaking rock! Thank you

Tuner in Training
    will it recognize the controller type when I purchase the tokens? I see three dodge type GPEC2A 15,GPEC2A 18,EDC17C79? My car is a 2016 Hellcat
    Last edited by robertrooker; 01-25-2021 at 06:34 PM. Reason: make it more clear

Quote Originally Posted by robertrooker View Post
    will it recognize the controller type when I purchase the tokens? I see three dodge type GPEC2A 15,GPEC2A 18,EDC17C79? My car is a 2016 Hellcat
    Tokens are universal. You can use them to license neural network training for any vehicle that supports it.

I guess this used to work, but I can't even add tokens to my cart.

Also, why is this not a downloadable tool? My PC can run circles around many small datacenters, so it takes me 4 minutes on my hardware instead of 2 on yours... who cares?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sienile View Post
    Also, why is this not a downloadable tool?
    They definitely don't want that tool out in the wild . It would be hacked and shared in no time.