Thread: Tuning of ANN Network

Advanced Tuner

Tuning of ANN Network

So i got the new companion Course from THE Tuning School early this week in regards to having a Hands On Class cancelled because of the COvid-19. In part of this course Brett goes into talking about the work they have done in regards to being able to actually tune the ANN side of these newer PCM that Dodge has. He doesn't go into detail about any of this but rather just explains how some of it works. In the end he goes onto explain that most all of the car manufacturers will be moving over to this type of PCM strategies due to the cost of hours and hours of labor to calibrate current PCM. The main thing i take from this is that if this is in fact a true statement, then HPT will no doubt lead the way into the next generation of tuning with Dodge at the forefront because of the Work done by THE Tuning School. Just thought i'd share this information to everyone here.
    6.4 Whipple Diamond pistons Manley rods, Demon Plus Cam

Advanced Tuner
    Well I hope any training offered by TTS on the NN side will be way better than what they offer currently. Their general hemi tuning (5.7/6.4) course book was rather disappointing.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Well I hope any training offered by TTS on the NN side will be way better than what they offer currently. Their general hemi tuning (5.7/6.4) course book was rather disappointing.
    Disappointing is a understatement. I can sum the book for anyone that has not opened one. Our test car is a Charger that has vortex or paxton type supercharger. So we estimate about a 30% increase in hp & tq. "So open a table and highlight entire table. Then type in 1.30 and click multiply icon". After 10 pages i decided to highlight the entire book by 80%. Then clicked the trash icon.

Advanced Tuner
    If anybody wants to get rid of a Dodge book from TheTuningSchool, I'm a trash can.

You can see by my signature that I ascribe to their tuning methodology.
    Last edited by spoolboy; 07-30-2020 at 07:31 AM.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    If anybody wants to get rid of a Dodge book from TheTuningSchool, I'm a trash can.

You can see by my signature that I ascribe to their tuning methodology.
    Seriously, there is nothing in it that has not been mentioned on the forum. Most of the text repeats information from the previous sections so you are basically reading the same stuff over and over.

Potential Tuner
    I'm looking for help and advice on ANN. I got a 2017 Jeep in my DynoShop from a local dealer. They mistakenly re-flashed the Jeep with Procharger and now the Jeep doesn't even run. I rescaled injectors and got it running again. However, it runs like crap (so far). Understandably, Procharger can't support the tuning because it was done at a shop in Florida that I can't identify (car was sold at used car lot with no records).
    Procharger helped when I gave them the serial number and found it was sold as a head unit only with no tune.

So I've got to rebuild the spark tables, VE tables, etc.....however, looking at the tune it's got VVT and uses Neural Network algorithms.
    Therefore, do I disable the Neural networks and the variable cams and rebuild the tune with VE and spark tables like we always did?
    Do I pay the 25 credits for neural network tuning with HP Tuners (But do I have to build sample VE tables for learning anyway)?

Any thoughts? What would you guys do?

Thanks
    Mike

Advanced Tuner
    Did you rescale the MAP sensor?

Potential Tuner

re-scaled MAP and re-scaled injectors

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Did you rescale the MAP sensor?
    Yes. I had the injectors cleaned and flow tested (because they were not stock injectors) and re-scaled injector flow rate (from stock injectors).
    I also checked the MAP sensor, a 2-bar sensor, and that seems OK.

Problem is it doesn't build much boost, its a real pooch and doesn't run like its got a supercharger.
    It uses the neural networks to determine the VE tables, spark, and VVT.

There must be a few hp tunes for a Jeep with an added blower but I can't find one. I'd like to see for reference if anything.

Mike