Thread: Need some HELP please..

Tuner in Training

Need some HELP please..

Hello, I have been working with this tune for 2 days now and i cant seem to get it to start and run. If there is anyone that can look over my info i would greatly appreciate it. Right now i am just lost with a pounding headache from reading and watch videos that are all starting to run together and getting me further down a rabbit hole.I have car off line for about a year now doing the rebuild.

Info on setup.

2008 Pontiac G8 e38 ecu

402 cid engine 9.5 to 1 compression
    TSP stage 3 turbo cam
    VS racing 80mm turbo
    Stock lightly ported heads
    Holley Hi-Ram intake
    SEP 1500cc injectors
    Fore dual 450 return style pump setup

This setup has no MAF and No O2's other that a wide-band

I have applied the 2 bar operating system and input VE table and injector data but it will not fire sound like its trying to but wont.
    ill attach tune and injector data

If anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it or steer me to a path of someone who make can help even if i have to pay lol!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Change the MAF fail settings to 2hz and 1hz and set all 3 MAF dtc's to MIL on first error with the SES box unchecked. You can't set it to no error reported because it still needs to fail the MAF to revert to speed density only.

You screwed up the injector data because you put the current data in as lbs/hr when his data is setup as g/s. So the flow rate is all wrong.

But here is the other problem you run into, your computer has a max flow rate of 63.5lbs/hr and those injectors can flow much higher. What I don't know is what fuel pressure is that data for, is it 43.5 psi or 58psi.

You can work around this limit by doubling the stoich, chopping the IFR in half and cutting the AFR Terms in half. This will now give you a max flow rate of 127lb/hr. Doing this should get you really close and be good enough on the data.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for response! so i changed maf fail and dtc's on the injector data should i convert his data and input that data or are you saying its going to be to high anyway because of flow rate or. i believe his numbers are based on 43.5 from information that i read. again thanks for your help kinda lost at this moment with google overload

Tuner in Training
    if i max out flow rate in charts and do as you said by doubling stoich and chopping ifr and afr terms should that get me going or do i need to do something else to for injector data?

This what I'm trying to get by ya.

So for example you have injectors rated at 100lb/hr but the table maxed out at 63.5.

You'd double the stoich form 14.68 to 29.3 and half the flow rate to 50lb/hr so it fits in the table as well as cutting the AFR terms in half. This is the quick way to scale for the over sized injectors.

I have no real knowledge on the injectors you have, so knowing what pressure they are rated at is wanted. If they are 1500cc at 58psi I would knock your fuel pressure down to 43.5psi and take that flow rate to do the double stoich scale method.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ok im following you now only question i have is, am i knocking down fuel pressure on my regulator down to 43.5 and leaving IFR at 63.5 so my 1:1 regulator can control pressure or knock ifr down to 43.5. i think im understanding that i leave IFR at 63.5 and double stoich to get 127lb flow then cut AFR terms. is that about right or im i an idiot cause i feel like one right about now!

Well I had to google those injectors and they are rated at 43.5psi.

So I don't know if you truly can scale those properly or with ease being that they are so large. They flow 142 lb/hr at 3 bar pressure and that is way over the double stoich's 127lb/hr.

I wonder if people max out the stoich table at 32 to scale it even more. That or they scale the entire airflow model to fit such huge injectors. They are kinda overkill if you ask me, unless you really plan to make 1,500hp in this car.

Tuner in Training
    Well the plan was to make 1000+ to the wheels but you know how that goes. So you think its worth trying the double stoich and maxing out the IFR to 63.5 or you thinking its not going to even try and fire and idle?

It will probably run with that stuff done it just won't be accurate.

Tuner in Training
    copy that ill try it in morning, Thanks for all your help and putting up with the questions.