Thread: Timeline Segments - Sync Split Screen

Potential Tuner

Timeline Segments - Sync Split Screen

Hi,
    I would like to show two laps in a split screen video and sync the split screens a few times during the lap (one driver is much faster). This would require the ability to advance one of the split screen videos while holding the other stationary a few time during the lap.

Is that possible with timeline segments? I haven't found any tool that will let me do this and my alternative is to start splitting the video into separate pieces, create a new video with just a screenshot to fill the space, and then reassemble the pieces.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by quietNoise View Post
    Hi,
    I would like to show two laps in a split screen video and sync the split screens a few times during the lap (one driver is much faster). This would require the ability to advance one of the split screen videos while holding the other stationary a few time during the lap.

Is that possible with timeline segments? I haven't found any tool that will let me do this and my alternative is to start splitting the video into separate pieces, create a new video with just a screenshot to fill the space, and then reassemble the pieces.
    RaceRender doesn't seem to handle "pausing" data/video at all from what I know. Seems like it would be a handy feature. Your last idea is what I've done in the past using a separate video editor (such as Davinci Resolve or Oneshot).

Potential Tuner
    Thanks! It would be very helpful, would save a ton of time, and would make buying the ultimate version a no brainer. I'm happy to write up functional requirements if the developers are willing to consider making the change.