Thread: 2016 Mustang No start after loading injector data

Tuner in Training

2016 Mustang No start after loading injector data

I am tuning a 2016 GT, JLT cold air, sc, DW 95lb injectors return fuel system. The pcm was replaced and reflashed with a stock calibration at the dealer. When I write a calibration the car will not start with the correct injector data. If I leave the stock injector data in the program it starts and runs. I have verified installed injectors and data, also tried set of ID1050's with their data and have the same result. Kind of at a loss here, I have tuned this same combo on other cars without any problems.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 70rallysport; 07-30-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Tuner in Training
    return style fuel system or returnless?

Advanced Tuner
    That ecu wont support a returnless fuel system so it has to be a return.

It sounds like you need to kick up the maf alot more.

Go multiply the maf by 1.5 and see what you get.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    They're returnless from the factory there bud.

Quote Originally Posted by 70rallysport View Post
    I am tuning a 2016 GT, JLT cold air, sc, DW 95lb injectors return fuel system. The pcm was replaced and reflashed with a stock calibration at the dealer. When I write a calibration the car will not start with the correct injector data. If I leave the stock injector data in the program it starts and runs. I have verified installed injectors and data, also tried set of ID1050's with their data and have the same result. Kind of at a loss here, I have tuned this same combo on other cars without any problems.
    Try this. forumhelp54.hpt

It keeps the stock returnless data but knocks out manifold vacuum compensation by the pcm, and allows the regulator to make the adjustment. I'm assuming a base rail pressure of 58psi without a vacuum line on the regulator. If that isn't correct then adjust the base pressure in the fuel -> inferred rail pressure table. The way I have this setup, if you change base pressure you won't have to modify injector data, only the inferred rail pressure table. You have to keep a vacuum line reference on the regulator though. Maf period is adjusted to a transfer I have saved from a tune here on the forum, I have no idea if it's correct but check fuel trims to verify.

That ECU will support both. They are return-less stock...pls stop, change profession...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    That ECU will support both. They are return-less stock...pls stop, change profession...
    jesus, like telling him to skew the maf table when that wasnt changed :/

You have entered the Voltage Offset data incorrectly. You entered data that was provided in milliseconds, but with your units set to micro seconds. Inj Data.PNG Essentially telling the computer that the injectors open nearly instantly, which throws everything off.

Advanced Tuner
    Stock is a return style fuel system. The regulator is mounted in the tank thus the return line is minimal and there is no fuel rail pressure sensor which is required for a returnless fuel system.

An ecu cannot support a returnless fuel system without a fuel rail pressure input.

I think yall failed to read. OP specifically states it starts and runs on stock injector data but not with the correct data. Putting in the correct injector data (significantly larger) means it will be leaned out significantly. Thus the most obvious cause is that the maf wasnt kicked up for the larger CAI.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Stock is a return style fuel system. The regulator is mounted in the tank thus the return line is minimal and there is no fuel rail pressure sensor which is required for a returnless fuel system.

An ecu cannot support a returnless fuel system without a fuel rail pressure input.

I think yall failed to read. OP specifically states it starts and runs on stock injector data but not with the correct data. Putting in the correct injector data (significantly larger) means it will be leaned out significantly. Thus the most obvious cause is that the maf wasnt kicked up for the larger CAI.
    Absolutely not. Refer to my post from the last time you tried to explain fuel systems. https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post575650

Wrong wrong wrong. You cant have 100% return less system - even low press carb pump has to stop or everything will pop...
    This is called "return-less" not matter what your twisted mind decides. ECU will support both - no need for rail sensor...

Please stop tuning, stop giving advice's, start your own grocery store...