Thread: Help with Fuel Trims / Extreme Rich Condition

Potential Tuner

Help with Fuel Trims / Extreme Rich Condition

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

2003 5.3 stock heads, intake, fuel injectors with small cam Erson E112001 510/510 210/218 lobe 112 centerline

When the engine goes into closed loop @ 131* the right side or bank 2 long term fuel trim goes to + 25 and runs extremely rich. Bank 1 or left side stays at 0 to +3 .
    You can hit reset fuel trim and it cleans up for 15 seconds or so. Here is everything we have done.

New Mass Air Flow
    New Injectors
    New Ign Coils
    New AC spark plugs,
    New 02 Sensors

We have smoked engine for vacuum or exhaust leaks and have none. I have attached the tune file and a file from the last scan while running.

Any help is appreciated.

Marty
    Attached Files Attached Files

I saw that bank one goes lean at +25 and bank two goes rich. Is the harness routed to the correct sides too?

Have you swapped o2 sensors side to side to see if the issue's flip flop?

New stock injectors or what are they?

What is your fuel pressure??

Don't forget to go through the tune and turn off stuff that isn't going to used anymore. Like all rear o2 sensor related codes, cat codes and cat over temp protection.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    They are stock injectors.

Fuel pressure 59#

Replaced 02 sensors twice.

We will verify harness, but pretty sure we have it correct.

Thanks

Marty

Potential Tuner
    Good morning.

Well much to my surprise the O2 harnesses are plug in backwards. I would assume that makes bank 1 and bank 2 opposite on scanner. That said the passenger side of engine is the only side running rich once in closed loop.

We will switch wires this evening and see what happens.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Marty

Potential Tuner
    I had an ahaaa moment this afternoon. I realized with the wires crossed the computer is reading one side and adjusting the other.. DUH!!!!

Changing it tomorrow. Hopefully that's most of whats wrong other than some finer tunning.

Thanks again