Thread: aggressive 17 tvs tranny tune

Tuner

aggressive 17 tvs tranny tune

all I can say is, WOW. look at it evaluate it and decide for yourself. been running this tranny tune for 6 months. rec for a FI car

Supercharged Trans BADASS.hpt

Still room for improvement....I never seen that much max pressure be used......any vids in action?

Tuner
    No vids. Very mellow partial throttle but WOT it will get your attention. This tranny tune was passed on to me by a damm good tuner. No issues so far except pretty damm violent shifts. Like I said, evaluate it and judge for yourself...

Advanced Tuner
    Ryan, Wow man! Are there any mods done to beef up the trans? I'd have to say this seems like the upper limit of pressures and with no torque reduction? LOL! Either the 6R80 is a beast and can handle it or it's on the breaking point lol.

I'd also love to see a datalog of your quarter mile pass to see what shifts look like in the log. I don't suppose you have one with trans solenoid pressures so I can see what running this much pressure and no TQ reduction looks like?

Also, I've been looking for a dyno pull of a Automatic TVS car for comparison to my logs but would also need to know what kind of TVS/pulley size as well as rwhp it made. I'm trying to estimate my HP based on some WOT pulls ive done. I might make a thread requesting this.

For a short time (literally just a test drive) I ran no torque reduction and that was only on stock 150psi. It definitely slammed gears but I was worried it was too harsh on the drivetrain. I can't imagine with those kind of pressures!
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Tuner
    Blackbolt, I can honestly say I trust this tranny tune(very well known tuner). Every day cruising it doesnt miss a beat..WOT under boost it hits hard. I really dont know shit about tranny tunes but I will say it does the job...have fun with it and I trust it. Havent been down the track yet with it, when I do I will post the pass. 79mm pulley stock 6r80

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rryanfla View Post
    Blackbolt, I can honestly say I trust this tranny tune(very well known tuner). Every day cruising it doesnt miss a beat..WOT under boost it hits hard. I really dont know shit about tranny tunes but I will say it does the job...have fun with it and I trust it. Havent been down the track yet with it, when I do I will post the pass. 79mm pulley stock 6r80
    OK I look forward to that track datalog and to see what you ran. Cool stuff! I will use this tune as an 'upper limit' guide to compare my tune to. Thanks for sharing!
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    OK I look forward to that track datalog and to see what you ran. Cool stuff! I will use this tune as an 'upper limit' guide to compare my tune to. Thanks for sharing!
    Anytime man..

The max pressure is just a limiter, similar to a RPM limit. Just because it's set high doesn't mean it will actually be achieved. Sometimes they're set ridiculously high to make sure they don't interfere for a moment and not set back to something reasonable by accident. Not saying that's what this is, simply saying look at the whole tuning picture and don't get stuck looking at one aspect of a tune as there are many.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm looking at the whole picture and I see huge pressures everywhere. Add in no torque reduction and I can't imagine how violent the shifts are lol. The 6R80 is a real beast.

is your tranny 100% stock?

Tuner
    Everyday shifting is like stock...put a foot in it and it is very aggressive. Like I said it was given to me, figured I would pass it on. I have been running this tranny tune for a year now. Just put nittos on rear as my michelins were all over the road when it hit the shifts....Do with it what you will..pick it apart, change it, run it as is...up to you

Tuner
    Yes

Tuner in Training
    definetly looks like a lively trans tune; nothing i see looks anything to worry about. although the max pressure is @ 245 it doesnt really show it to reach insane operational numbers. very similar to what i use

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rryanfla View Post
    No vids. Very mellow partial throttle but WOT it will get your attention. This tranny tune was passed on to me by a damm good tuner. No issues so far except pretty damm violent shifts. Like I said, evaluate it and judge for yourself...
    I tried this tune in my f150. WOT shifts are surely VIOLENT. A smidge over aggressive to the point i feel as though i could lose the rear end without proper traction. Will soften a hair. Thanks for sharing.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ishyne22 View Post
    I tried this tune in my f150. WOT shifts are surely VIOLENT. A smidge over aggressive to the point i feel as though i could lose the rear end without proper traction. Will soften a hair. Thanks for sharing.
    Especially with stock size tires. I be the shifts woke you up a bit. I have 295’s and I get a hazing of the tires on shifts. Let me know how your shifts are after you soften it up.