Thread: 10l80e tuning secrets/tips

Tuner in Training

10l80e tuning secrets/tips

I have a 2019 camaro ss A10. I have full boltons with e85. I have the t87a unlocked and I have been trying to improve the shifting on it. I havent been able to get this thing to shift exactly how i want it too.

From what i have been reading guys have been messing with the virtual torque to get them to shift better but, to what extent do you change virtual torque? Do you make big changes like say instead of being at 400ft lbs to jack it up to 600ftlbs. Even then though wouldn't you have to inflate the driver demand to get the ETC to act correctly? If anyone has some advice that would be awesome. The t87a 10 speed OS is just so limited and ive tried everything i can think of in the transmission side of tuning to get it to shift faster that it has to be something else the guys who have these things really shifting awesome are doing. I attached my stock tune along with my current tune and a tune that i havent tried yet with the virtual torque tables heavily inflated along with a log of the 1-2 2-3 shift. Dont get me wrong the transmission shifts pretty dang nice right now. At wot most of the shifts are .1 of a second, but i have seen videos of guys where they just sounded different and shifted so much faster after a tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2019 Camaro SS A10
    Long Tubes, CAI, Ported lt2 intake, Ported TB, and Flex fuel.

Honesty about half the shifting quality is from the engine side

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    I gotcha. So are talking about virtual torque?

Tuner in Training
    Ok did some testing today and figured it out. Gained 2mph in the 1/8 and 1.5Mph in the 1/4. Pretty drastic difference in the way it shifts.

What was it

Tuner in Training
    Virtual torque and keeping it in tour mode. It will cut fuel in sport or track.
    Last edited by 07 z71 silverado; 08-03-2020 at 05:05 PM.
    2019 Camaro SS A10
    Long Tubes, CAI, Ported lt2 intake, Ported TB, and Flex fuel.

Ok. I’m not familiar with the VTTs with shifting, if you have a link to more info on that I’d appreciate it.

Mine is a swap car and I only operate in normal shift mode so I do not change between modes. I had an issue where the predicted torque exceeded the limits and TMA pulled 20 degrees and closed my throttle. I was able to increase the max torque in the tune but not mess with the VTT. I also disabled the use predicted torque under cutoff and it fixed my issues. This was causing torque management to pull timing and close the throttle, now I’m all good.