Thread: Throttle Angle Source = Torque Control 1st gear? 2018 F150 3.5L EcoBoost

Advanced Tuner

Throttle Angle Source = Torque Control 1st gear? 2018 F150 3.5L EcoBoost

Hi!

Does anyone know how to get rid of the "Step" you see here in the log at the beginning of a brake boosting run? After that "Step" it no longer reads 'Torque Control', but goes to tq.red<driver demand. And then, you see the spike. I think this is hindering my launch. All traction control, advance trac is off
    Last edited by SVT_Z06; 07-28-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    When torque reduction is less than driver demand, it means your foot is being overridden by something else in controlling the throttle. You can ask for the torque, but it will be shaped and filtered. Post the file.

Advanced Tuner
    If I had to guess, you are pedal to the floor before launch? Your driver demand pedal map ratio is clipping the pedal that gets input to the desired torque pedal map table. So it won't allow any more requested torque. Also, desired load is clipped because it isn't enriched so you will likely not get an improvement unless you enrich at lower pedal too. However as soon as you do this, popcorn, combustion stability limits, and thermal protection limits will likely follow very quickly, also impacting your launch.

Take it slow so as to not break anything, but you can slowly remove these limits as they come up.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    If I had to guess, you are pedal to the floor before launch? Your driver demand pedal map ratio is clipping the pedal that gets input to the desired torque pedal map table. So it won't allow any more requested torque. Also, desired load is clipped because it isn't enriched so you will likely not get an improvement unless you enrich at lower pedal too. However as soon as you do this, popcorn, combustion stability limits, and thermal protection limits will likely follow very quickly, also impacting your launch.

Take it slow so as to not break anything, but you can slowly remove these limits as they come up.
    When launching, I am only part throttle, not flooring it. Is that the issue?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT_Z06 View Post
    When launching, I am only part throttle, not flooring it. Is that the issue?
    It could be. Give it more throttle and see if it helps any. It may not though because if it enriches and immediately hits combustion stability limits, it will still yank load out.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    It could be. Give it more throttle and see if it helps any. It may not though because if it enriches and immediately hits combustion stability limits, it will still yank load out.
    I think you're right, I don't think it will.