Thread: supercharged c5 z06

Potential Tuner

supercharged c5 z06

New to HPTuners and trying to get 2002 Z06 supercharged custom built LS2 to run decent enough to get down the street to the dyno. I've attached current tune and log file. When the car the is cold it fires up and idles smoothly. Once it reaches operating temperature 190+ it starts running really rough. Today is a warm day here 95', it ran good in the garage for 5 minutes or so once I pulled it out, got choppy idle, spark timing looked to bounce around then it died on me. Got it to restart and had to press gas to keep it running. I'm guessing there are some other tables or settings that are adjusting either my main VE table or Spark table once the car is warmed up or because it is hot here IAT's are reaching higher temps. Any help is appreciated to point me in the right direction to adjust one of these other tables so that the car will run as smooth as when it is cold.
    Attached Files Attached Files

What's your parts list?

The data log is missing things too. Like injector information, knock retard, cylinder airmass, commanded AFR and a wideband. Remove the 1 bar MAP channel and replace it with the 2 bar MAP channel so you can log kpa over 105.

PE and BE should be set differently as well. You were well into boost but it was still in closed loop. Lower the BE enable to 110kpa and lower the enable torque to 50% because you disabled the engine side TM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner

an update

Parts list -->
    Exhaust:
    ? Kooks Race long tube headers
    ? Kooks X-pipes, Mid-Pipe stainless steel 3 inch
    Clutch:
    ? McLeod Racing 6305507M - RXT Street Twin Clutch kit 1000hp
    ? McLeod Racing 1374 ? 1300 Series Hydraulic Throw-out Bearings
    ? B&M Short Shifter
    Engine:
    ? Chevy Performance 6.0L LS2 Aluminum Engine Block
    ? Texas Speed & Performance: 112-11516R1-WR ? Diamond Racing Forged LS1 Piston Set: 4.00 Bore, 3.622 Stroke, 6.125 Rod Length, -13.7cc Dish; .927 x 2.50 Wrist Pins, Gas Nitride Ring set
    ? Eagle Specialty Products FSI6125O ? Eagle FSI I-Beam Connecting Rods
    ? Manley Race Series Stainless Steel Valves
    ? Head ? Clean Hot Tank Head, 3 Angle Valve Job LS, Surfaced Head
    ? ARP Head Studs ? LS2, LS3, Vortec LS, 6.0, 5.3, 6.2 2004 ? Present Gen-4
    ? New Chevy Performance Camshaft Timing Sprockets
    ? 8 ? new Rod Bearings
    ? New Main Bearings
    ? New Cam Bearings
    ? New GEN 4 O-Ringed Valley Pa
    ? 4 - LS2 Lifter Tray, Chevy Performance 12595365 ? LS Valve Lifter Guides
    ? 8 ? Clevite Coated H-Series Rod Bearings
    ? Clevite H-Series Main Bearings
    ? Clevite Camshaft Bearings
    ? ICT Billet LS Lifter Valley Covers
    Supercharger:
    ? Pulley ? 3.4? 6 RIB A&A Supercharger Pulley with Short Snout
    ? Vortech Supercharger V-3 Si
    ? 3-inch diameter Aluminum intake pipes
    ? Intercooler
    Fuel:
    ? Aeromotive 11569 Stealth Electric Fuel Pump, In-tank, 90psi, 340lph, E85, Gasoline

I took the time and removed my wideband kit off my turbo car and installed on the Z06. I made the recommended changes to the tune and also updated scanner to data log more stuff. After a couple of tweaks I've got the car to run and idle. I'm attaching the most current tune file and log file of the car just running in the garage for a few minutes hitting gas to fill a few log cells. The one thing I notice is my timing seems to be jumping all around at idle.... What could be causing this and where do I adjust these settings?

Thanks,
    Brandon
    Attached Files Attached Files