Thread: LS Swap Starting/Running Issues

Tuner in Training

LS Swap Starting/Running Issues

Just finished an LS swap and having issues with starting and running. I am a newbie to HP Tuners and tuning in general. Hoping someone can to take a look at the tune and data log and offer some insight and guidance to to get this thing running right.

The swap consists of an L92 motor out of an 06 Escalade into Porsche 944 that I converted to an LS3, keeping the VVT. Swapped the intake, TB, Injectors, Map, Maf, FPR for all stock LS3 stuff. Only other mods are shorty headers, cold air intake, and 255 Fuel Pump. Used a standalone harness and flashed E38 from PSI for the swap. Looks like they flashed with a stock 08 Corvette tune. Currently the car is running through open headers and collector extensions with 02's.

The car starts, idles for a few seconds then dies. On initial startups, I have no gas pedal. After a few start attempts, I am eventually able to get it to somewhat run, playing with the throttle. Once it runs for a couple min, it idles and revs somewhat decent, but pig rich. Throwing all sorts of MAP and MAF codes. Checked for vacuum leaks, but everything seems right. 20in of vacuum with a mechanical gauge.

I attached the tune the pcm came with and a couple run logs. One is a cold start with it stalling after a few seconds. The other is a warm run with some throttle hits. Thanks in advance guys. Any help would be much appreciated.

944 Original Tune.hptMAF warm start.hplMAF Cold Start 1- No Throttle.hpl

You will need longer pipes on the exhaust for sure. The fuel trims are super lean because it is probably still pulling in oxygen from the collector extensions. Get at least another couple feet on the exhaust to rule that out.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ah, did not think of that. Thanks 5FDP! I'll mock up some temp down pipes.

Tuner in Training
    You might also check under Idle>Airflow
    Double both the "Percent Max" settings till you get it tuned.

Tuner in Training
    I noticed in the tune that vvt is not enabled nor is there an option for it. Would this be causing any of my issues? I wpuld not think so. Perhaps some performance issues.

I would like the vvt functional, as it is one of the main reasons i decided on this motor. Is there a way to activate it in this tune? Corvette did not offer vvt. Would i be better off going to an L92 tune and adjusting for the LS3 mods or perhaps a Camaro L99 tune in which vvt is functional and adjusting for the manual trans? Thanks for the replies guys.

Set the variable camshaft section from "none" to "one" and it will be enabled. So long as the wiring is there.

You must be in advanced view under the edit tab to see all tables.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Got it. Thanks 5FDP.

On another note, I hung a temporary full exhaust today. Same issues persist. Starts and runs after a few attempts playing with the throttle. Then after running pretty well for a couple minutes, i loose the pedal and all hell breaks loose. Feels like the motor is going to shake itself apart. Any ideas of where to start with this thing?