Thread: 2000 daytona stattama turbo tune

Potential Tuner

2000 daytona stattama turbo tune

i have a 2000 daytona with intense stg 3 turbo cam ported heads with larger valve. it has a stattama turbo kit on it. it has taken me alot longer than id like to admit to get this car together. last year i had dave at tripple edge build me a awesome trans with gm racing 1 inch chain and a 3000rpm torque converter. he tuned the trans for me to and it shift great but i been dealing with high trans temps, i pull over when they got to 230f.dyno brian did a email tune to get it going and be able to drive it down to him,but id cook the trans if i tried to do than now. the only thing that i can see in the trans is tcc slip on the highway with light throttle change 120+rpm slip. i was wondering if someone could take a look at a log and see if you have any suggestion.i used to have dhp powertuner but never played around with it to much to feel confortable tuning. i now have hptuner hoping that i can get some support since dhp is out of business. thank you for your time
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nothing stands out in your tune to cause high trans fluid temp, and your log look ok too, but your tcc is slipping a hair more than optimal, but not much at all.

Years ago I changed the trans fluid for the first time and I used Castrol ATF... it make the trans run hot in the summer and extremely cold in the winter to the point where I was driving on the highway with the outside temp being around -25 c ( - 14 f ), and the trans fluid got so cold, the car went into limp mode !

Ever since I've only used AMSOIL ATF or MOBIL 1 ATF, and the trans temps have always been optimal and the trans shifted smoother.

3.29 final drive gears ?

The attached tune has the trans mildly tuned. You can use it as a template for modifying the trans tables. I don't like the trans to shift with a kick. I prefer a fast smooth shift.

I recommend at least changing the "Shift Scheduling" and the TCC Apply/Release to match the shift scheduling.

2002-GP-GT-mild-tune11_Dec31_2014.hpt

Potential Tuner
    I actually am running the Castrol dex6 in the trans. The trans tune is mostly from Dave at tripple edge performance. The only thing I really changed in it is the min tcc to 50%and max to 100%.the tcc doesn't slip at all around town but on the highway with very little throttle increase or slight hill it slips 150 to 200 rpm.i can make it slip more with more throttle increase. Would I need to go higher than 50%to reduce tcc slip? I plan on putting a trans cooler on this weekend and bypassing the radiator(don't drive the car in the winter) but I'm thinking there is a underlying issue with the tcc slip causing the high temps

The amount of slip I see in your scans is about what I would expect from this setup.
    Your problem is mostly the high trans fluid temp.

If you decide to flush the ATF, I highly recommend AMSOIL Signature Series ATF over anything else.

If you don't have a drain bolt on the trans pan (could of had one installed during the rebuild) and don't want to drop it, you can use a transfer pump and flexible tubing down the dipstick.
    I've done this many times and every time was able to get around 6+ quarts (if I remember correctly).
    Pretty much I was able to suck up through the dipstick the same amount of ATF as I would of dropping the pan.
    Makes the job very easy, fast and clean as compared to dropping the pan.