Thread: Text, String Character to Numeric Conversion Questions (Toyota Tacoma)

Potential Tuner

Text, String Character to Numeric Conversion Questions (Toyota Tacoma)

Is it possible to convert a text to a numeric value in the scanner? I am currently exporting everything to excel to do the conversion. I would like to be able to convert it in the scanner to use it with filters, user defined functions, etc. For example, my current gear is shown as 1st, I would like it to show up as 1 only. Also, several items show up as yes, no, on, off. I'd like to be able to convert these to numbers. I'm sure others have run into this issue also.

What about being able to upload a csv back into the scanner? That would be very helpful. What about combining multiple scanner files into a single scanner file?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Tuner
    You can export your .hpl file to .csv format and then "Ctrl + H" to replace the ON/OFF, etc. with a numeric value. It would certainly be helpful if the scanner could do this natively however and allow filtering of the switches/position inputs.

As for combining two .hpl files, you could export both as .csv's and then do a little copy/paste. VCM Scanner will open the .csv files.