Thread: Problem with downshift when going from 5th to WOT 2012 vortech GT

Problem with downshift when going from 5th to WOT 2012 vortech GT

Having an issue going to WOT when commanding from 5th, car will go from 5th to 3rd then goes down to 1st and just bounces the revs off the limiter. From a dig everything works fine and going from 6th to WOT works fine as well. What am i doing wrong lol, I know this has to be a me issue. Anyways thanks in advance for any help Log and Tune attached.Downshift issues.hpl7-11 remix.hpt

Tuner in Training
    This could also be a leadframe issue also.

Advanced Tuner
    Why are you running 400psi line pressure max? That's a pretty huge problem. Why on earth would it command 1st gear at 46 mph O.o

Fix the update rate on the trans solenoid pressures. I'll look the tune over more when I get home.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Lead frame was replaced as that was an issue before. 400 psi was to see how high it would command, don?t intend on leaving it there tho just establishing maximums. Now the update rate which table is that and where should I begin? Thanks as always blackbolt you always find your way on my threads and help me out you the man brother!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleph View Post
    Lead frame was replaced as that was an issue before. 400 psi was to see how high it would command, don?t intend on leaving it there tho just establishing maximums. Now the update rate which table is that and where should I begin? Thanks as always blackbolt you always find your way on my threads and help me out you the man brother!
    Sorry been busy. Right click on the solenoid channels in your log and set to the lowest #. Tell me what tires you're running and what gearset ratio?
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.

Tires I?m running 285/40-18 with 3:73 gears. Has a 3600 stall 3c circle d converter DSS aluminum one piece drive shaft and a billet shaft.

Think i got it sorted lowered the shift point for the 2-1 shift to 16 mph in the 500+ AD counts. Feels good to finally be able to mash it again under highway speeds lol. So yea hope that helps folks! Not my info btw recommendation came from one of our awesome members, didn't want to take credit for something that wasn't mine!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleph View Post
    Think i got it sorted lowered the shift point for the 2-1 shift to 16 mph in the 500+ AD counts. Feels good to finally be able to mash it again under highway speeds lol. So yea hope that helps folks! Not my info btw recommendation came from one of our awesome members, didn't want to take credit for something that wasn't mine!
    Be sure to change both Normal 2>1 and also Fast Downshift 2>1 to be on the safe side.

On my setup the highest I can go is about 21mph before it starts overshooting the 1>2 shift. Obviously this low of mph should be very safe right? The issue is the time it takes to complete downshift and then upshift to second. X>1>2 is two shifts in a very short period of time.

Yep I have my fast downshift schedule the same as my normal. Doesn?t seem to be any issues with the mph, first is essentially useless at my power levels in fact I have it short shifting in first now and the car feels faster. Gonna try and get some track numbers and see how it impacts my ETs cause with drag radials on she hooks quite a bit better but for my nitto street tires not so much heh.