Thread: Need some help!!!

Potential Tuner

Need some help!!!

So still new, but trying to get the most from my truck before i have time to swap out to bigger 6.2. So anyway I've been playing with hp tuners for a few months really getting more serious about it last week or so pushing the 5.3 to the limits cause if it breaks give me a reason to swap it out. Anyway today took my current tune that i was running flattenedout the cam timing so it wasnt retarding so much and added some ignition timing from .52 grams to .08 grams. Flashed it at operating temp drove it 5 miles or so felt really good. though a couple stop lights up and down through rpm great all of a sudden it was like someone shut the key off. shifted to neutral started up flared to 2500 the like someone shut key off. did this like 4 times. pulled over put old tune back in ran fine. has anyone ever encountered this before. i might have done something by accident but went in to compare both tunes a few minutes ago and dont see anything. Oh also no post cast because of long tubes and MAF is unhooked because i have been working on fuel trims. but i didnt have scanner going.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can't unplug the MAF because it has the IAT sensor built into it. You need to fail the MAF properly if you are trying to tune the VVE table.

COT and the cat test need to turned off too because of the long tubes.

You PE is way too rich for a NA engine, aim for 12.0 to 12.3 commanded AFR if you don't have a wideband.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thank You! Wasn't thinking about the IAT sensor other than to turn off SES codes. Gonna try these things tonight and get some logging done and see how it goes. will post results later tonight or tomorrow. thanks for the help 5FDP!!! Also i know I need a wide band do you have one you reccomend?

May want to do this the right way.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ation-for-gen4
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm