Thread: Log files not accessible via USB.

Log files not accessible via USB.

Recorded a couple of sessions, and I can view my videos w/data from OBD on the phone.
    I setup trackaddict to record "external".
    There is only a single file in adroid/data/com.hptuners.trackaddict, and it is a .file file.
    Where are my .mp4 and .csv files?

Already tried moving my sessions to internal, then back to external. Didn't help.

Where could my files be? Yes the USB transfer is set to MTP. I have used the older version of Trackaddict without issues.

There shouldn't be any change to this with the recent app updates... I just double-checked a couple of my own devices and it's still the same for me (tried both Android 6 and 10). Most likely, the Android file system information being reported to your computer is incorrect or incomplete, which I have seen from time to time. Rebooting both the phone and computer may resolve that.

If your phone is equipped with an SD Card, then you will have two file systems appear when connected to your computer, one for the SD card and one for the phone's own externally-accessible storage. They'll both likely have a Android/data/com.hptuners.trackaddict/files folder, but your data would only be in one or the other, depending on the selected storage location in TrackAddict.

Another thing to check would be to use a file manager app on the phone and see if you can navigate to the Android/data/com.hptuners.trackaddict/files folder.

Well my friend, I figured it out. The files were all in that .file in the trackaddict data folder and no "LOG" folder like the user guide says. I used ES file explorer on the device to actually see the .mp4 and associated session files, and copy them to the PC. Similiar to zip files needing a program to open/unzip.

No idea why the latest version was giving me what appeared to be overexposed video (mostly all white screen) v4.0.3 is the latest that works on my Moto (it is an older phone, maybe that's it).

I actually liked the older version I had on it before, but it would not start recording for some reason. Just sit there "waiting for vehicle movement", which is why I tried installing the new version.
    Last edited by JuiceNA; 08-09-2020 at 12:43 PM.