Thread: lm4 rich as hell

Tuner in Training

Angry lm4 rich as hell

i have a tb non ss with the lm4 it has long tubes 243 heads cammed 602 lift power band 1500-7000
    3000 stall and dont have a wideband yet but just kind of lost in what im looking ata round the block.hpl
    Last edited by charlie kelley; 08-08-2020 at 04:03 PM.

If we want to be correct, it's actually telling you it's lean and that the computer is adding in over 50% on the short term trims just to make it right.

You need to log your injector pulse width for both banks and your o2 sensors.

To me this is maybe a very bad intake or exhaust leak on the drivers side or that o2 sensor is bad.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    ok no exh leak at al....l intake well its home made.. cut all the bs off and plastic welded it back together.. ill check my o2 for sure tmro thank you so it see it lean the adding a but load of fuel i add the injectors rate ill post again tmro thank you.. and its open header 3inch with turn downs
    Last edited by charlie kelley; 08-04-2020 at 10:03 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie kelley View Post
    ok no exh leak at al....l intake well its home made.. cut all the bs off and plastic welded it back together.. ill check my o2 for sure tmro thank you so it see it lean the adding a but load of fuel i add the injectors rate ill post again tmro thank you.. and its open header 3inch with turn downs
    You can't run it closed loop with open headers. The reversion will cause the 02 sensors to report a false lean condition, and the PCM will add lots of unnecessary fuel...exactly what's happening with yours. You can run it open loop or add at least 3' of exhaust pipe behind the O2 sensors.

Tuner in Training
    ok...ok soo i add the info like asked so i can log it went to the auto part store and the o2s are under warranty .. winning lol.. i saw one of them had alot high volts then the other one.. so im waiting for it to cool down and ill change one out..also i wanted to say she was tuned buy efi live before from some one in ca.. i added a cam all the valve train added long tube headers it had 862 heads on before now it has 243 heads.. 3000 stall ..ele fans trans is a built 4l65e.. ill get a wide band here soon but i just want to get closer... soooo open loop only? and do change that in the tune? or just via scanner? log befor new o2s.hpl heres the tune as well thank you guy so much for the help i been learning alot on goat rope grage idk spark and trans ++line p.hpt

Tuner in Training
    ok one new 02 bank one sennew bank 1 o2.hpl

Add pipe to your exhaust if you want to run closed loop. You will have to do this anyway if you plan to run a wideband o2 sensor too.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    o2 relearnd.hpl ok is this better? today i but here on a scale to see how heavy she is and well 5160lbs

Well, what do you think?

The trims are no where near as high as before so that is a start in the right direction. This is where it takes time to understand the data logs and what each thing means. With a untuned engine I wouldn't floor it though.

Tuner in Training
    ya its alot better for sure!! i need some pointers in what i should be doing next in the tune.. that could out this heavy pig..
    the cam is 279/283, Lift .600/.602 243 heads no more 862s 3inch headers blackwindow exhst ele fans built 4l65e with a 3000 stall arp studed everything

heres the tune 8.7.2020.hpt