Thread: New hp tuners user. Just getting started

Tuner in Training

New hp tuners user. Just getting started

I odered a hp tuners with 2 credits for my 99 silverado 6.0 swap on 4.8 ecu. Stock motor other then lsxceleration 2.1 cam.
    Not very familure with tuning but figured id get one so i can tune my self and adjust for future upgrades. Is there a place to go to get basic information on what has to be done tuning wise to make my truck run good... I know i read alot of posts about 1st time users and what others have done but i didnt know if there was a page i could go to to print out info on what should be changed in the values for a starting point..

Let me know if I can help! I do a lot of lsxceleration cam stuff since it’s close to me!!

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

I'm new to the hpt tool , a lot of info out there some good some not so good . hpt has trainer videos out not sure how many .. that's a start . a few youtube channels to there .
    make small changes save everything you do in seperate files ... I believe if you search harder in this forum there is printed things to start with ... good luck .. have fun making horsepower

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Let me know if I can help! I do a lot of lsxceleration cam stuff since it?s close to me!!
    Long story short, I HAD 260k on my getting tired LS1 02 vette with headers, .621 lift cam LS2 intake and TB, stock auto, NO stall, 2.73 gears. It was putting out 400 horse with 250k on it. I rebuilt the engine, punched it .50, went bigger on cam (.651), shift kitted and stalled (2800) transmission, and changed to gears to 3.15. I am looking for a reasonable (or great) tune to break in my engine before I will take it back to dyno tune it later after I get some miles on it. Any suggestions? lol
    Last edited by talons24; 08-06-2020 at 09:47 PM.