Thread: GPEC2 "write entire" option

Advanced Tuner

GPEC2 "write entire" option

Trying my luck here while also waiting on a reply from support on this.

I have an Ultra4 off road race truck that has a 2014 5.7 Hemi crate engine in it, along with the Mopar Performance ecu and harness. It uses a GPEC2 controller.

The truck was brought to be to swap the cam and re-tune it. After some initial CAN related issues, I was able to read the ecu. The was no VIN programed to the ecu, which didn't surprise me, since this is a stand alone harness and controller setup.

When I tried to flash a modified file back into the ecu, I get a Controller Init Failed error. According to support, this is because there is no VIN or OS number programed into the ecu, and that they do not support it.

I asked if I was able to flash a file from a vehicle with a similar engine and ecu combination, and they said as long as it is a compatible and supported OS, I would be able to edit and flash that file in.

So I get a stock 2014 Challenger R/T manual trans file and edit it to match what came out of the truck, along with the basic changes I made for the cam. I tried flashing that in, but I get a Incompatible PCM Software error.

Has anyone come across something like this before? Does the Dodge platform not have a write entire option like the LS world does? How can I flash an entirely new OS into my PCM?

Any thoughts or ideals would be great. Hopefully support comes back with something too.

Tuner in Training
    Those crate PCMs flash fine. I think your problem is somewhere outside of the PCM. I'd suggest you look at your Editor version, key cycle etc